Nauticam NA-D90 shutter knob glitch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

retendokid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, wondering if any nauticam NA-d90 folks out there have experienced any issues with the shutter knob adjustment of the housing? Last week in fiji (last day fortunately) the shutter knob of the rear housing case began to jam. It will roll forward and increase shutter speed but wont reverse. Even with camera out of housing its jamming. I suspect I'm going to have to send it back to manufacturer for repair but I've been reading about hex key adjustments and thinking there might be a quick and easy solution, however I don't really see anything adjustable with this mechanism. It's like the teeth gears are misaligning and sticking. The housing was purchased last July, and never flooded or abused in about 50 dives so should be covered still under warranty. Dealer that I bought it from is now apparently out of business. Have left email on Nauticam USA website but not heard back yet. Any similar experiences, thoughts, or solutions out there? Otherwise am a big Nauticam/Nikon fan.

Thanks

Hugh Smith

Hi Hugh,

Sorry you are having difficulty. We can get that adjusted for you and get you back to shooting very quickly. I checked our support desk and don't see an email from you, so it might have gotten eaten in a spam filter or who knows what. Anyway, please email me at innovation @ nauticamusa .com or in case I don't get it and reply soon, call me at 954 489 8678.

Thanks,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom