A Little Cave 1 Science Adventure in the Mx Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After taking GUE Cave 1 in November, it was impossible to resist the call back to the Mexican Centoes :). By March their magnetic force had pulled us back down south of the border for a bunch more C1 diving!

We were off on a little adventure, when our local GUE dive club invited us to retrieve data from adopted sensors previously placed within Cave 1 limits. Turns out its great fun to visit a cave a little ways off the beaten C1 scuba tourist track and hunt down hidden sensors to add a small contribution to science!!!

What a great reward for all the hard work in Fundies & Cave 1 ;-D!

Thanks to Kevin Dow and Fred Devos for mentoring us on the project. Stick around after the credits for a very short tour of Zero Gravity Dive shop :).

Last edited:
Cool project, especially for a second trip post-cert!

Wow, Kathy, very impressive!!!

Thanks for posting the video!

cool video

contributing to a project like that is a good time and working like that back in the cave is a good way to build quality experience

I'm having tons of trouble getting the whole video to run . . . but where was this that you had a sensor hooked to a CHAIN?

I've got to pull mine at the end of May. Jason and I tried to do it in April, but the viz was so bad, we couldn't find the passage!

I'm having tons of trouble getting the whole video to run . . . but where was this that you had a sensor hooked to a CHAIN?

I've got to pull mine at the end of May. Jason and I tried to do it in April, but the viz was so bad, we couldn't find the passage!

Hi Lynne,

It's a chain with three sensors below/above the halocline to record different data, doubt you know the cave. Are you heading back down to Mx soon?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom