Diving Lembeh ++ flights in and out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cumbo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

we're planning on going diving to Lembeh in August. I've been to Bunaken before. First of all, about the flights: is there another airline flying from Singapore to Manado other than Silk Air? Are there any direct flights from Manado to Kuala Lumpur?

Secondly, about the resort: we're currently thinking about diving with/staying in Bastiano's or Kungkungan. Any recommendations/comments?

Thanks!

we're currently thinking about diving with/staying in Bastiano's or Kungkungan. Any recommendations/comments?
Thanks!
I thought those who can afford Kungkungan would never consider Bastiano!!!
Both places are fine but they are set up for different market.

Unfortunately both AirAsia.com and Malaysia airlines, who flew Manado from KL, removed flights from the schedules about 2-3 years ago. I am then afraid that the only international flights to Manado are Silkair's.

If cost or schedule is a problem, you might also check AirAsia.com from KL to Makassar then Lionair or Sriwijaya to Manado.

I have been to Bastianos twice and like everything about them. Great dive masters, excellent food, comfortable accommodation, a friendly operation, and laid back. There's a huge price difference between the two resorts you mentioned. For the cost, I'd say Batianos is hard to beat.

Luko is spot on with flights.

Another option is to fly into Jakarta and then take Lion Air to Manado.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom