Considering an APEKS BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah but the dive shop I work for does not stock Halcyon or DSS. The owner of Halcyon used to have an agreement for distribution of his gear with one of his buddies from up here, dunno if it still stands. Only other dive shop I know that has them is one of our competitors which means I'll have to pay full retail price as opposed to cost on the APEKS gear through my dive shop.

There is always the thing we call "The Internet".

Lots of gear can be found there. And at good prices too.

If you have suggestions on websites that I can browse for gear, please go right ahead. I'll look into prices.

Anyone make a donut shaped wing with dual bladders/cells?

If you have suggestions on websites that I can browse for gear, please go right ahead. I'll look into prices.

Anyone make a donut shaped wing with dual bladders/cells?

Dive Rite and Oxycheq make dual bladder cells.

The aforementioned Deep Sea Supply and Halcyon stick with the regular single bladder cells.

I second Dr. Wu's suggestion to check out "The Internet". ;-)

I dive an Apeks One-piece harness and Wing. The back plate is a cheap Ally IST ( I don't subscribe to paying for a lump of metal with a fancy letter on it!). I've had no problem using different wings with the backplate and different back plates with APEKs wings.

That said that is using the bolt-holes. When threading cam-bands direct you can sometimes encounter problems. For example my IST BP has the cam band holes slightly to close together, so the wing is a little ..erm.. scrunched, when full inflated. But it makes no difference during the dive. However that is easily rectified with a STA anyway. I'm just being cheap and haven't bought on yet :D

I can't recommend APEKs tec kit enough. I've been diving mine for over 2 years now and I'm more than happy with it. Plus in the UK it's cheaper than certain US brands e,g DiveRite, Halcyon et al.

FWIW, I have a Dive Rite wing on my Apeks SS BP. Works fine.

I just bought an Apeks WTX harness, SS back plate, and WTX4 wing, as well as integrated weight pockets. Love the system, am not having fun with the wing. Since I bought the system as a demo model cheap I had no choice in terms of wing, so I am using a doubles wing with a single tank...

Anyways, all the stuff is of amazing quality and I would make the same purchase again.
If you are ever in Toronto on a Wednesday or Friday look up LTC Scuba Centre. Leonard is great and gives the best prices I have seen in Ontario. (Better that online in most cases.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom