Anybody headed to White Star Quarry on 10/9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MercutioATC

Contributor
Reaction score
My dive buddy and I hope to be there to get in a couple of dives between 1pm and 4pm (unfortunately, possibly the last dives of the season). Anybody else have plans there?

When we arrived at about noon, there were was one group of 3 divers there. As they were exiting te water as we entered and entered as we exited, we had the whole place to ourselves for our first dive. Although the water felt cold upon initial descent (3mm full suit with 3mm boots, 3mm gloves, 6mm farmer john top, no hood), it quickly became comfortable (between the mid-60's and mid-50's with no real thermocline). We practiced some navigation skills (which I really need more practice with), checked out the bottom and top of the shaft (separately), and watched fish and crayfish. These were only dives #7 & #8 for me, but I had a blast...

Back
Top Bottom