Hose length advice ( getting ready for fundamentals class)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgoodstein

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am in the process of switching hoses to start getting used to the long hose and shorter secondary hose for my GUE Fundamentals class. My track is more towards the tech then cave, but I'm not ruling anything out. I'm 6'3" (190.5 cm). My secondary hose is 26" as that seems long enough with my head fully turned to the left, but if you guys suggest different I'm all ears.

I'm debating on 5' vs 7' primary hose. I'm tall and heavy in the middle ( I'm working on it), and want to make sure that I get the right hose length, Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I figured do to my height I'm leaning to the 7', but again I defer to those better then myself for proper advice.

I am in the process of switching hoses to start getting used to the long hose and shorter secondary hose for my GUE Fundamentals class. My track is more towards the tech then cave, but I'm not ruling anything out. I'm 6'3" (190.5 cm). My secondary hose is 26" as that seems long enough with my head fully turned to the left, but if you guys suggest different I'm all ears.

I'm debating on 5' vs 7' primary hose. I'm tall and heavy in the middle ( I'm working on it), and want to make sure that I get the right hose length, Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I figured do to my height I'm leaning to the 7', but again I defer to those better then myself for proper advice.

You should likely call the instructor that you are taking the class with and discuss this with them.

As long as you will use either a canister light or a big pocket on your waisteband ( to route the hose under), the 7 foot hose will be more comfortable and easier to use.

if you were smaller, and had nothing to route under, not even a knife scabbard, then the 5 footer could possibly be better for you.... go with the 7 footer.

7' all the way. I'm a bit shorter than you and I have no issues with the long hose. Before I had a can light, I used to route it under an extra shears sheath that I had to keep it stowed.

It amazed me how "short" a 7 ft. hose is once I started stowing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for 7'. I'm 5 foot seven and still prefer the seven foot.

Alright, if we're all doing it....I'm 5'-2" and I prefer 7' :wink:

I don't see any reason not to get the 7'. and the 5' is a little short for some people.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom