Kudos To LDS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pyrite

Reaction score
My son and I went through our AOW this weekend and it was fantastic. I was interested in a second reg for my wife and son to split time on, we're on the budget plan. The owner of the LDS quoted me a price on a Titan (Aqualung) 1st/2nd stages and a low profile octopus that was $50 within what I could get it online for. The debate never seems to end between LDS-vs-online and I just wanted to say that this LDS did his part to meet me half way. I just hope the manufacturers are doing there part to make for fair pricing for all.
Just my 2 cents worth on this fine Sunday Eve.

But I would strongly urge you to reconsider your choice of a low profile Octopus. That little plastic POS is your life support at 100 feet, and they breath like crap. You don't want a distressed diver sucking air off that thing at depth. Please consider getting a quality second stage.

Do a search on LPO - and remember, this is life support you're buying here.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm crapping on you - for the money, the Titan is one of the best regs going. I'm an Apeks diver myself, but the Titans are a great recreational regulator. Just reconsider your LPO.

I would have to agree with Boogie711. During my OW classes I used a Aqualung Titan and a low profile Octo from the LDS. The Titan worked great for what we were doing and I had no problems with it. The low profile octo was crap, even at 10 feet. invest in a good 2nd for the octo, for the same reasons as stated by Boogie711.
PS. Congrats on finding a decent LDS.

Jambi

I thought nothing could get worse than a sherwood minimus boy was I wrong the LPO Purges great but even with tuning it's like sucking thick milkshake through a straw. Please get another Octo concur on the Titan Bulletproof tried and true good regulator:wink:

Boogie711 once bubbled...

Do a search on LPO - and remember, this is life support you're buying here.

I did a search for LPO and frankly I came up with positive comments. Auqualung's MSRP on the XLC octo (the octo in the same line as the Titan) is lower than the LPO. I guess I should try to breath through it because I really like the steamlined shape.

As others have said, somethign abotu blind squirrels and nuts. I was considering the Titan, but I heard from a reputable LDS owner that he sees a lot in for repair. Som, I'm thinking Mk16/r380 now. Titan sure is dirt cheap though, and rent out a lot.

When I said we were on the buget plan I meant that my wife and son were going to split time on one reg. I consider the Titan to be a decent mid line reg. I've breathed it and heard many positive comments about it. I use the Apeks ATX 100 myself and am quite happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom