quick Lobos report... and again a bit unusual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Farty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When we were coming from shorter dive at Lobos, Susan and I decided to pass the ramp and explore the shallow waters on the right side of the ramp (from the ramp to the sea lion beach)...

that area is very murky only with couple feet viz and very shallow less than 11FT depth, but I have to admit it's very unique and interesting. There is a lot of kelp, I counted more than 10 different kinds and creates really deep thick forest I really enjoyed to explore. With the sand covering everything, it felt like exploring 10,000 years old jungle.

Maybe 10 minutes into the dive, Susan tapped on my shoulder.... when I slowly turned I realized it wasn't Susan but two not so puppy looking sea lions. And no, they were not scared at all and from one foot distance kept looking at me. Their funny cute eyes were telling me "buddy, this is our playground, you should leave now". Yes I did....

:cool2:

You are probably correct. I did not even look at their ears. All I know is that they were pretty big, white with spots..

Jiri

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom