"Two Tank" Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
Probably a very stupid question, but...

Just got certified and planning to do some diving in Aruba. All of the charters list "two tank" dives and "one tank dives." I assume that two tank means two dives with singles, since most divers don't do doubles, right?

How would a charter indicate that a dive was only suitable for double tanks? Thanks!

ClassAction- Yes, a two tank dive on a resort boat is two, single tank dives.

Have fun in Aruba

Scott

You are correct. A dive only suitable for doubles would be well advertised as a technical dive.

If you've just been certified, try to stay on dives that keep you above 60 feet or so.

Welcome aboard, and have fun in the carribbean. Can I join come too? :)

That is a question that I had asked, when I was reading US based mags that mention 2 tank dives. I had decided that it ment doubles, and I was cool with that, .. I just assumed that more people in the US dive with doubles.

ClassAction once bubbled...
Probably a very stupid question, but...

Just got certified and planning to do some diving in Aruba. All of the charters list "two tank" dives and "one tank dives." I assume that two tank means two dives with singles, since most divers don't do doubles, right?

How would a charter indicate that a dive was only suitable for double tanks? Thanks!

you got it. Many of the operators there will be doing morning or afternoon trips there to the wrecks or reefs that usually very close to shore in Aruba, and doing two dives per outing.

Have fun in Aruba... it is a beautiful little place. careful with who you dive with, and be comfortable on the dives your going on. The operator I was with took a bunch of newly certs. down to 110' with his " Follow me, I'm a DM, it will be okay" speech......

SS

Thanks for the advice. Gonna avoid doubles and tech diving for a while...

Can you recommend a charter company in Aruba? I'll be staying in the North West at the Marriott. Thanks!

The second half of my trip we used Unique Sports.... wish I would have used them the whole trip.... small(er) boats, and knowledgeable, considerate and fun crew. They have a shop on the beach near the Radisson.

Red Star and Pelican are the other two big operators - both have cattle boats and would drop 20+ divers at a time at sites..... I stayed away from. I've met others who dove with both of these companies, and if you can put up with the crowd, said they were alright as well.

If you use any of these three, I'm sure you'll have a great time. There are a couple really nice wrecks there, as well as some nice reefs....
If you want to pm me about the first half of the trip and a operator I WOULDN'T reccommend, feel free.

SS

Back
Top Bottom