Moving to Sicily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phazeshyft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey,
I am moving to Sicily this summer :D and want to get back into diving. Had to quit for a while due to shortage of money :depressed: and then I joined the Army and they moved me to New Jersey. :depressed: Now they are moving me to Sicily, :cool2: about 15k from Catania.

I need info on a decent LDS in the area and maybe some dives charters or good places to shore dive and snorkel.

Thanks in advance.
Phazeshyft

Phaze, I am moving there as well. i am a DM and could use some dive buddies, thinking of getting a place in Motta near NASSIG. There is an on-base dive shop from what I am told. I have dove Naples, but it was in the winter and the vis was ****.

Hallo guys, may I ask you about your experience in the area? I am coming in a few days to Taormina, and I wonder if you have been in any diving center there and could give advice. Thanks in advanceMaurizio

My son is stationed at Sig and has taken up diving this summer. We are going for a visit next summer. Really looking forward to that.

@mggm59, I know there is a dive shop in Taormina, I here its pretty good but cant remember the name. Ill ask a friend who dives there a lot.

@mfolsom, Tell you son about the board here. I would love to meet him and I am always looking for dive buddies

Hi Phase,
My wife and I where traveling in Sicily this summer it was a fantastic vacation! Tourmina is excellant place for diving and getting back into diving. The water temp. is comfortable and visibility good. I went to severial dive outfitters that are situated on the beach at Tourmina or Isola Bella. Unfortunately, I couldn't dive becuase I was too conjested with cold, We did snorkel which in itself was a wonderful expeirence. Don't forget to visit Mt. Etna what a wonderful place!!! Unforgettable!! And if you are going to be living in Catania take in Syracuse it's a neat town with its own atmosphere. Sooooo much to see in Sicily enjoy. I just looked up on in my lonely planet book the place is called Isola Bella and the dive center is called "Nike"/ tel. 339 1961559.
Bob Schneider

Back
Top Bottom