Anyone for this Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

Does anyone want to do two dives at the Breakwater? Was thinking about heading toward the Metridium Fields and then doing a shallow dive all the way to the end of the jetty. Feel like starting early but can start later in the day.

Claude

Hi Claude,

That sounds like a great idea! I really want to be out there again this Saturday. My buddy and I had a great time last weekend, although conditions might be slightly worse this weekend. How do you feel about taking a newbie along? :D

Hi Fabs:

No problem. Le'ts hope I can find the Metridium Fields again. Probably a good idea to get there early, as parking quickly disappears on the weekend.

Claude

Have room for one more? I haven't been to the Metridium Fields yet, but I'm familiar with Breakwater.

Khawaga

Hi Khawaga:

No problem. I'll park in the upper parking lot and will be there at 8:30am. I have a gray Honda Accord with roof racks and a single bike tray. Let's hope we can find the field.

Claude

Great! I'm in a red Volvo stationwagon. We'll call it Soccer-Mom-Sexy.....

See you at 8:30!

Hi Khawaga:

No problem. I'll park in the upper parking lot and will be there at 8:30am. I have a gray Honda Accord with roof racks and a single bike tray. Let's hope we can find the field.

Claude

Simple. Out to the end of the Big Pipe, then 000 deg. / 75'.

Well, we managed to find the Metridium Field rather easily. Thank you to whoever put the dive flag directly on top of the large pipe. Visibility opened up nicely at the field, although the metridiums were in hiding. Visibility was surprisingly nice and surge was very mild.

At the jetty, the visibility did not fare as well. Saw quite a few huge crabs and a fair number of zealous sea lions. Thanks all for a couple of very enjoyable dives.

Claude

Two very nice dives indeed. Thanks for leading, Claude! We should go diving again soon. Also, don't forget the cormorant we saw digging through the sand at 19 ft. That was pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom