Some found items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well,

I might as well add to this thread, although over the years I have forgotten a lot of the things I've found.

Boat anchors (several hundred)
Numerous outboard motors
Several boats
Masks
Snorkles
Weights & weightbelts
Knives
Rods & Reels
Sunshades
Fishing lures
Tackle boxes
Spearguns

A few years ago, while operating an off-shore charter fishing business in Texas, I dropped an 8' heavy guage aluminum "rig hook" overboard next to a rig we were fishing. Two years later, I was crusing the sand bottom on the same rig spearing snapper. I saw what I thought to be a loop of rope protruding from the sand. As I began to pull on the line it began coming out of the sand. I kept pulling and behold!! My "rig hook" Still have the rig hook and use it to this day.

Jewelry: My wife found an ear stud with what she thought were nine fake diamonds. It layed around for the better part of a year. Last week we were having some jewelry and watches fixed and the jeweler told her the diamonds were real. It is now a beautiful pendant!! Her cost $125.00 Total value (priceless to her)

An instructor friend of mine in Utila lost a ring on a reef dive. The next day we stopped at the same reef so he could look for it. I went along to enjoy the dive knowing it was a lark!! Guess what? He found the ring!!!

Ain't diving the greatest???!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom