mselenaous, a double dip, yes, deep molasses, 5/18, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
mselenaous(elena), myself and tim(photo geek) had a super day on deep molasses. light winds, negligible current, blue water, viz 60-70FT(vertical 70+), 79F. initial dive(1st ever for elena on the dropoff and with us!), northern buoy, due to lack of current we tracked north bound, 55-90FT, lots of the usual subjects, 60 minutes; nice dive. 2nd, proceeded southbound @ 55-85FT, turtles, free swimming ramoras, angel and butterfly fish everywhere and a single eagle ray, upclose, 55-60 minutes, again nice dive. elena works tomorrow, tim and i plan on a double @ the blue hole and single @ the pillar coral site; south molasses,,,,,,,

tim, only a single shot of mselenaous! shame on you!!

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• _DSC8596.jpg
    _DSC8596.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 53
  • _DSC8698.jpg
    _DSC8698.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 52
  • _DSC8819.jpg
    _DSC8819.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 41
  • _DSC8802.jpg
    _DSC8802.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 45
  • _DSC8840.jpg
    _DSC8840.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC8606.jpg
    _DSC8606.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 37
  • _DSC8566.jpg
    _DSC8566.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 53
  • _DSC8593.jpg
    _DSC8593.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 43
  • _DSC8643.jpg
    _DSC8643.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 44
  • _DSC8766.jpg
    _DSC8766.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC8828.jpg
    _DSC8828.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC8637.jpg
    _DSC8637.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 46
  • _DSC8547.jpg
    _DSC8547.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 45
  • _DSC8661.jpg
    _DSC8661.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Great photos - crossing fingers that the visibility will be just as good for my last two OW dives on Friday...

Nice pics. I've only been diving on Molasses Reef once and it was beautiful. Unfortunately we were dropped at a place that was only 25' deep. We are going again in June and we hope to dive a little deeper. I loved the way that it looked like you were swimming through shallow canyons. When you come to the end you turn and another one would open up. Beautiful.

Enjoy double dipping at Molasses Reef almost as much as a double dip in an ice cream cone. Fun dive site for me. Got to go back!

Nice remoras!

Too funny, first time I've ever been the title of a thread. Thanks to my seasoned dive buds for a great day of diving. Looking forward to diving with you both again soon.

Awesome dives on Molasses Reef Deep at the ledge. It was a real treat to go out for fun dives without having to wear my "pro" hat. This are the farthest mooring on our huge Molasses Reef that commercial dive ops rarely, if ever, go to for various reasons including depth, currents, and the training/experience level of the divers. These are moderate to experienced dives. The rest of Molasses Reef which is about 30 ft or less deep is perfect for all levels of divers.

The weather has been great and is predicted to be this way through the weekend, so come on down and dive.

Enjoy double dipping at Molasses Reef almost as much as a double dip in an ice cream cone. Fun dive site for me. Got to go back!

Yes you do. So when are you coming for a visit?

Yes you do. So when are you coming for a visit?

Not sure. Mom and I are going to my niece's wedding up in Michigan in October so I may not visit Sarasota this year although one of my nephews is moving back to Miami for a new job, so who knows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom