Transpac and STAs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Transpac and STAs?

ANyone use a Transpac (or the ScubaPro knockoff) and an STA?

Do you use those metal bits on the inside of the Transpac like you do when mounting doubles or what?

I tried a STA on my Transpac but found it made for a less stable cylinder than cam bands, increased the gap between me and the cylinder and made the whole rig clunkier. Yes, use the grommets (a/k/a little metal holes) to bolt the STA to the harness, just like you would doubles.

There is no need for the sta.

What I meant is, are you supposed to use the

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - TransPac Stab Plates

plates with the STA?

I have a wing that will not stay put without an STA pinching it down. NO need, but more convenient maybe. I"ve never used an STA before.

When I use the Transpac/XTek/STek with doubles, the harness and wing get pulled into a v shape by the tanks, which the stabilizing plates match, but the STA does not do that, which means the knobs look like they might poke me in the back.

(I am not so concerned about the possible slop, because I tend to take my harness off a lot underwater anyway and never really tighten it up.)

Trip report:

It has way too much slop. I guess I will live with the wing falling off when it is not on the tank.

(Note this is a ScubaPro knockoff, not a proper Transpac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom