zeagle vs hollis bp/w bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottweideman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking to buya BC in the near future, I have been looking at the zeagle express tech deluxe, however my LDS doesn't carry Zeagle brand. A different dive shop a little farther away can order it as they are a dealer for them. My concern comes from my closer dive shop. In a recent email here is what they said,

"I looked at Zeagle BCDs at my dive show in November. The word on the street was to stay away from Zeagle because they are having quality and supply issues out of China. I think you might be a prime candidate for a Hollis ATS. It's a little heavier but, better built and more comfortable. Oceanic just release the Bio-Lite travel BCD which is actually lighter than the Zeagle."

Is there any truth to this statment, or is my LDS trying to push his brands on me instead? I like the BP/W however I also would like to have a pocket or two and I dont really care for the weight belt. Any help is appriciated

Thanks Scott Weideman

With the best warranty, the best track record in the industry and 30 years worth of product refinements based from in-water testing and feed-back from divers raving about the quality and performance of the gear, perhaps the local dive shop is getting the word about Zeagle gear from Sour Grape Street.

I have two Zeagles, the Escape and the Brigade. They are both quality BC's and I don't have any negative comments regarding them. I now dive a BP/W, but only because I like the simplicity of it and the ease of configuration. It really just boiled down to personal preference on this one. Don't let this guy BS you. If the same guy sold Zeagle, it would be the best BS ever made.....

that is what I was thinking, I have read very few if any negatives about Zeagle on these forums. I wanted the BP/W because of the simplicity of it, and that it is customizable. the zeagles tech express also is light, but as most of my dives are/will be colder water 40-60 depending on time of year, is the backplate with the express my best option or should I go with a stainless one?

I have no personal experience with Hollis, but I can happily attest to being a very satisfied Zeagle customer for many years now. The products are solid, but equally important is the fact that Zeagle has always taken great care of me whenever I've needed anything.

that is what I was thinking, I have read very few if any negatives about Zeagle on these forums. I wanted the BP/W because of the simplicity of it, and that it is customizable. the zeagles tech express also is light, but as most of my dives are/will be colder water 40-60 depending on time of year, is the backplate with the express my best option or should I go with a stainless one?
Stainless steel for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom