Perfect conditions in Jupiter Saturday +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Chuck and I did 4 dives on Blue Tang in near perfect conditions. Top to bottom visibility, mild north current, water temp. 78 degrees. Sites were Captain Mike's in Juno, Tunnels north of Jupiter Inlet, Gary's, and Captain Kurles.

The reef sharks were out in full force on Tunnels and Captain Mikes. On Tunnels, we dropped right on top of the first set of swim throughs. There were more than a dozen goliath groupers all over the place and a few reefies zipping through the swim throughs. I lost count of the turtles. Four dives = exhaustion.

Sounds wonderful. We have dived in WPB several times but never Jupiter. We may have to try there next. I assume it is drift diving like WPB. Is that correct? I agree that 4 dives=exhaustion. I have never been hungrier or slept better than on a 4 dive day!

The conditions in west palm beach were very good as well. Less than the normal amount of big morays and turtles but still very nice viz,
and temps at 80F. Anyone having any trouble starting a thread, I get a blank page with no box for text ? I know there is a Q&A but just
wondering if it is a quick user setting. I need to borrow or rent locally a 7.25 dia steel HP120 and would like to post it here. Hope to be up
to Jupiter in a week or two and may try Blue Tang Charters.

I'll say Angie. We did Juno Ledge and Tunnels as well with JDC. Pretty sure we saw the Blue Tang.

Chamber of commerce conditions. I had 81 degrees, top to bottom viz, mild current with lots of the requisite marine animals. Two Reefies, a Blacktip and a Bull. Large turtles including a huge Loggerhead I thought was blind because she nearly bumped into a couple of us; she was fine and obviously very comfortable with humans. A large free swimming Moray, Southern Rays, Goliaths including juveniles. Great Barracuda that followed us to our safety stop.

Edit:

Just checked my computer log. 81 degrees at Tunnels and 79 degrees at Juno Ledge.

I wore my 1 mil and was very comfortable.

Sounds wonderful. We have dived in WPB several times but never Jupiter. We may have to try there next. I assume it is drift diving like WPB. Is that correct?

Correct. Drift diving.

It is a must do. A little more advanced than West Palm, but so much better. Lot's of large animals. I met a guy on the boat yesterday from Ohio. He has been traveling to Jupiter for 6 or 7 years on business while taking advantage of Florida diving. First year he did the Keys. Second year Jupiter. And has been doing Jupiter since. He prefers Jupiter over the Keys.

Somebody said: "People dive in the Keys, but divers come to Jupiter." My bit for the Camber of Commerce. :)

I never go to the Keys anymore. Our diving in Jupiter is the best on the planet.....and I have been to a lot of places.

I’m going to be at Indian Harbor in July and was going to drive down to Jupiter for a day of diving. This will be my first ocean dive. Does anyone recommend an outfitter / dive shop in that area?

I'm a big fan of JDC. Their shop is on the water. The boats are footsteps away. Awesome staff.

Jupiter Dive Center

Turkey 68,

For your first ocean dive I'd recommend driving 15 minutes further and diving in West Palm on shallower reefs. Of course I'm a pretty conservative diver, but I'm just sayin'....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom