Recommendation for Certification Dives in Myrtle Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009

Reaction score
Hello all. Another post for my friend that's getting certified.
She is going through Scuba Express in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. She did the class work today, and they had scheduled the pool time for this afternoon, and the certification dives were scheduled for this coming Monday. Today, they cancelled the pool time, and totally changed the schedule around so that it wasn't working for anyone in the class. So, they moved the pool time to Monday, but now this instructor will no longer be there after this week to do the certification dives, so they suggested that these students drive 7 hours, or fly, to Florida in February for the Certification dives with this instructor. That seems a bit ridiculous when my friend lives right on the ocean in South Carolina. Sooooo.....does anyone have a good recommendation for who she can take her Certification Dives with in the Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand area in South Carolina? She hasn't heard anything good about any of the dive shops in the area. Do the certification dives have to be within 4 or 6 months of the class/pool work? My dive shop says 6, her shop says 4.

Thanks so much.
Pam
email: pammym@juno.com

Coastal Scuba up the road in N. Myrtle Beach.

Personally, I had a bad experience diving with his operation and would not dive with them again. Other people I have talked to like them.

However, he is an option in your geographic area.

I live in the Myrtle Beach area, there are only really 3 shops in our area, Scuba Express in Murrells Inlet, Coastal Scuba in North Myrtle Beach and Nu Horizons in Mrytle Beach itself. I went through Nu Horizons and have loved it, but that was how I did it. At Nu Horizons they are SSI, so I am not sure if that matters or not?...I have heard somethings about Scuba Express and Coastal Scuba but I have buddies who have used both of them and love them...I think it has to do with the personalities of the instructors and people who work there...good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom