Last minute hydro and visual in Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I waited until the last minute and Bay Cities Pyrotector may not have visual stickers in time.

Anyone know of a hydro shop that will do scuba visuals as well? I've heard about Pacific in Morgan Hill, anywhere else? I'm up by SFO so looking for someplace closer if there is one.

LDS' can't turn it around fast enough, also pricey.

Steele's Discounts in Oakland does visuals, but no in shop hydros. He will send your tanks out for hydro though.
5987 Telegraph Avenue
(510) 655-4344 ‎

The owner's name is Jim. He likes to save people money, so as such he doesn't put a Viz sticker on unless you ask for it. Most of his air fills are regulars anyways. You might want to call him first to see if he even has any handy.

The only in shop hydro place I know of is Monterey Bay Diving, which just opened up recently. It's a dedicated hyrdo, vis, and repair shop. It's over in Sand City though, a bit near Monterey.
Took a tour there once. The guy really knows his stuff.
http://www.montereybaydiving.com/

Bamboo Reef is SF can turn it around in four days, if in on Monday, back by Thursday afternoon; both hydro, vis, and fill. 584 4th Street San Francisco. Cross street is Brannen. Cost is about $45.00.

Nelson Dive Center (Morgan Hill) does on-site hydros, but I think they only do them once a week. Depending on which day you get it there, they can turn it in a day. They also offer the visual inspection, can fill your tanks afterwards, and I'd bet could offer you rental tanks if you need them. You can also arrange to pick-up or drop-off tanks on the Beachhopper.

Monterey Bay Diving (Sand City) does on-site hydros, and they run them more often than NDC. They also do visual inspections, but not fills.

I'd call both and see what you can work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom