for all divers they dont know nothing about grecce......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech

New
Reaction score
well take a look at the follow adress.
it is the site one of the best divers here in grecce.
you like u-boats???:) :)
then...take a look....
the only bad is that u can not dive there.....
but there is a way.
maybe.....:wink:

www.navy.gr

Very cool website Tech... interesting to read about the H.M.S PERSEUS of course it was a little difficult at first until I went out to a Translation Website where I could have the pages translated..
:) so what is the magical way one can dive out there?

http://www.worldlingo.com

D

Just hit the British Flag top right and you will get English version.

I am Greek and know the Greek guys who found the Perseus.

You can't dive it because scuba diving in Greece is controlled, although that is changing. Send me an e-mail in Greek, Tech.

Are you Kostas Thoctarides?

crispos once bubbled...
Just hit the British Flag top right and you will get English version.

I am Greek and know the Greek guys who found the Perseus.

You can't dive it because scuba diving in Greece is controlled, although that is changing. Send me an e-mail in Greek, Tech.

Are you Kostas Thoctarides?

Very cool on changing it over to English, I didn't see that before and I guess took the long way the first time.

So how controlled is it in Greece in regards to diving there, are there special permissions you have to get ahead of time or how does it work?

D

Shambala....the way it was: there are maybe a few dozen specific areas you can dive in Greece, and you cannot be found outside these areas or they will fine you or even impound your boat. And to top that off, the Ministry of Culture has cleared these areas as being without antiquities, before allowing them to be dove. So basically, the areas where you can dive have nothing to see!!

My knowledge is a year or so out of date now so any Greek friends please update me. The rules may be changing as certain divers have contested the constitutionality of limiting peoples freedom to dive. I actually sat across from the guy developing the new rules at the Ministry of Merchant Marine while I was finding out how to become a boat captain and Instructor in Greece. That was also very difficult. But again, that is changing, as CMAS Greece is going to, or already has, recognized PADI under the law. Before that, only Greek CMAS and Greek Navy Seals were authorized to teach scuba in Greece. Greeks are not xenophobic.
They just don't want any foreigners stealing our antiquities or taking away our tourist business. Let Greeks steal the antiquities :wink:

So after the sub hit bottom he escaped from 52m?
That sounds amazing.
the only bad is that u can not dive there.....
but there is a way.
maybe.....:wink:
So... what's the way I might be able to dive there?
Or any good sites in Greece for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom