Melbourne/palm bay area in mid June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

filmsomething

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be going down to Melbourne June 11-18th and would like to get some diving in. Are there any captains you guys would recommend I get in touch with? I don't mind driving a bit for a dive but if it's more local I'm sure the wife would like since she doesn't dive.

Also if there are any great sights/restaurants I should check out let me know!

Jupiter, a little closer to you has great diving. A little deeper than West Palm with more current. All dives in both places are drift dives. Maybe the closest place to shore dive is at Pepper Park just north of Ft Pierce. It can be great on a no wind or west wind day. One weather proof place is Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach just north of West Palm. Google it, dive at high tide, etc. Force E dive is on Blue Heron Blvd a couple of blocks away.

We moved to Port St Lucie from Cincinnati 3 years ago.................

Yep, Jupiter or West Palm are the closest. As far as the local stuff....Capt Hirams is in Sebastian on the river. Very casual. Good food, nice views. Best conch fritters in town. Grills, also casual, has a nice view of the river and bar but food is mediocre (that is only from one visit though. Others may offer more). For fine dining: Chart House (yes, it's a chain but it is consistently good), Islands Fish Grill (great fresh fish), Dijons. Downtown Melbourne is nice with shopping and nice restaurants. It is sea turtle nesting season now through October. I believe it is the second largest nesting area in the world. From Melbourne Beach southward is a great place to watch. There are guided tours through the Sea Turtle Preservation Society. I'm sure you can find it online. You can find them on your own though if you head out after sunset. There is an environmental learning center south of Mel Beach that you may want to visit if that is your thing.

Thanks for the replies, I'll check out west Palm and see what I can arrange.

JimW, I got an offer last year to relocate to southern FL. Couldn't convince the wife though. I would have loved a bigger area to keep my boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom