Genesis Resource Pro won't display log information (and alt screen looks odd)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drobertsca

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new Genesis Resource Pro and made a few dives over the weekend with it. It worked fine.

Now I'm trying to look at its log screen.

As per the manual I press the button while it is cycling through dive plans in surface mode. This is supposed to give me the surface alt screen but this does not look right. The alt screen looks like:

Nitrox 00 02Sat
EL2

Pressing the button while this screen is displayed puts the unit back into cycling through plan mode.

Any suggestions?

I just had the same problem with a new ResourcePro computer and ended up sending it back. The manual linked above doesn't have any information about this mysterious EL2 code, but if you look at the ReACT pro manual which you can find on the Genesis site (a model up from the Resource Pro) this is a listed code for elevation. I also couldn't get to anything but the most recent log entry, which makes it useless to have multiple log entries at all.

Our dive shop and I believe that this computer has a bad version of software installed. I suspect is is loaded with software from the ReACT pro. If only we could get 2 buttons on this baby I bet it would work fine. It is useless this way though, and given it is giving codes that are not documented, I don't trust it and will not dive with it.

I upgraded to the ReACT pro and have a couple of good dives with it. I'm happer with the upgrade anyway - it is what I should have bought in the first place.

Thanks for the info. Sounds reasonable to me. My LDS tried the reset codes for the device and they would not actually perform the reset. The computer has been sent back. I should follow up on it but not in a rush as I have a vyper. This one just came bundled with a complete setup and is really only my backup computer.

I had the following problem with my Genesis ReactPro. My ReactPro computer showed the 24 dives I recently made, but would only transfer 4 dives (1, 2, 23, and 24) to my computer when I downloaded. I tried it on 3 separate computers, with identical results. I contacted Genesis by Email and was instructed to reload the software, driver first, then the program. That made no difference. I called to get support and was told by Genesis to take it to a local dealer who would send it in and they would fix it free if under warranty. I neglected (my fault) to ask what happens if it is not under warranty, expecting that they would simply charge for the repair, like most places. I dropped it off at a local dive shop (10 miles away). Drove to work and received a call from the LDS informing me that Genesis informed the dive shop that Genesis does not fix out of warranty computers, that they are like consumer electronics, and are considered disposable after 2 years. I drove back, picked up the computer, and am in the process of transferring the data manually. They offered a small discount on an upgrade, but I am not interested in giving Genesis any more of my money. I am considering the Oceanic Datamax 2.1 computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom