First Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmc3673

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Due to some change in plans my husband and I will be changing our vacation from California to Florida. We chose Florida because we both would like to have a great dive location for our first saltwater dive and we have already paid for our airfare which we can only transfer to a US city (southwest airlines). We will only be going for 4 days, 2 days of diving. We are both new divers (I was certified 13 years ago but never got to dive after that)--we both took a complete OW course approx a month ago. We will get a few more freshwater dives in over the next few months at our local lake.

I need recommendations for places in Florida (we will be traveling either Aug/Sept). We are leaning heavily towards the Ft. Laurderdale and Keys areas. I dont want to be in a crowd of divers but also want to keep our costs low. We love the idea of some of the carribean/mexican places that offer us lodging and diving---what we consider an ALL-inclusive and was wondering if anything like that was avaliable in the FL area, and if those places would be recommended to new divers.

We want a very positive experience because this is something we would like to do a couple of times a year (take a week long dive vacation) and feel that if it is not positive I might have a hard time getting the hubby to play along afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations/help.

Fort Lauderdale is a good choice. Easy to find your way around. Lots to do topside - good restaurants, museums, shopping, night life. A really good dive op is Sea Experience. There are no all inclusives but some hotels offer packages - especially during the summer off season months. Another option is a hotel or condo with a kitchen.

You're close enough to drive down to Miami or Key Largo for the day.

Check out the CVB website: Fort Lauderdale Hotels - Beaches - Restaurants - Events - Florida Vacation Information for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom