History Channel - Tactical to Practical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
HC is showing a T to P segment on scuba...

The narrator is some guy in a lighted (?) voice comm FFM and split fins churning up the bottom. When he's not imitating a rototiller, he's kneeling or standing on whatever's underneath him.

His buddy's cam band appears to be unfastened and about 2 feet of it is waving in the current. He's too busy groping the marine life to notice his cylinder is about to fall out of his bc. Cut to shots of the boys scootering, yeehaw, it's the scuba rodeo...watch the coral, oops...oh well, it'll grow back...

Then for the Big Finale, a scene of a group of people (evidently OW dropouts who were too inept to use dive gear) wearing surface air-supplied acrylic helmets shuffling across the sea floor in their swim suits and booties. The silt cloud they create comes up to their knees...obviously the Next Big Thing in underwater recreation.

Wonder if this was supposed to air on the Comedy Channel instead...?

LOL, I just finshed watching that and thought the same thing!

also. Hunter Ellis, ex Navy fighter pilot.

Obviously never learned anything about bouyancy. His BC never had any air in it from the looks of how flattened out it was.

Even when he was using the scooter, his fins were still tilling corn rows.

Pretty pathetic.

Yes, the funniest part was definately the group of non-divers wearing the big surface-air supplied helmets, trampling across the sea floor like a herd of buffalo. I laughed so hard I cried.

If anyone doesn't know what we're talking about, follow this link:

http://www.sea-trek.com/

They have some movies you can download, but they're not funny like the tactical to practical tv show. It actually looks like a good idea. It can get non-divers interested in diving.

For those of us who dont dive tech, it was neat to see some of the gear on someone and in action.

Ahh.. the dancing herd under helmets... exceptionally amusing :wink:

I was looking forward to that show, but it was rather dreadful to see the total ineptitude of the divers.

"With this scooter I can go fast with no effort!"

flip flip flip flip

the more i watch TV programmes about/including diving the more picky i seem to be about their content. i don't know if i'm getting less tolerant or the programmes are becomming worse or a combination of the two.

either way it must be about time that a new diving programme is put together. either a Sea Trek for the new Millenium or, given the increasing number of reality TV programmes out now, what about one following a dive school?

mwilding once bubbled...

"With this scooter I can go fast with no effort!"

:lol: he was a jet pilot, what more do you expect :wink:

They did a pretty good job dumbing down the explaination of trimix and nitrox diving though. :)

looks more like an idea to separate the rubes from their rubles...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom