dive assistants for research in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anya

Reaction score
Dear Divers,

I am seeking the assistance of two experienced recreational divers in conducting research during mass coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef. The trip will be on 11-17 November, 2003, at a cost of AU $2350 that covers on-board accommodation (twin shared air-conditioned cabin) on Undersea Explorer (UE), up to 4 dives per day, all meals, tanks and refills, boating, etc. For more information about Undersea Explorer see their web site www.undersea.com.au. UE specialize in combining adventure diving with research and conservation and they are assisting me in my research of the photoprotective role of colour and fluorescent pigments of corals and in coral bleaching. I will train the diver in all the necessary tasks and techniques such as underwater UV-light and video surveys of fluorescent corals, sampling of eggs during spawning, some basic coral identification, etc. I will be working together with an underwater filming team and will require some assistance with underwater UV lights during filming, sampling of spawning corals, video transects, etc but the assistants will be able to participate in recreational dives as well, pretty much as much as they like. Most of the diving will take place at around Ribbon reefs and Lizard Island at some very spectacular locations. Please get in touch via email if interested.

Best regards,

Anya Salih
--
Dr Anya Salih
APD(I) Research Fellow_________
The Australian Key Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis
Madsen Building FO9________
The University of Sydney
Sydney, 2006, AUSTRALIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom