Lake Pleasant - Two Cove Road with giladshay and friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two COW Cove & Road :doh:

Excellent day!!

The drive to Phoenix was fabulous, with a clear, crisp morning, no wind, no traffic - wish I could do that more often.

giladshay was kind enough to offer to dive with me if I came up - THANKS, giladshay!!! :hugs: I've dived only two sites in Lake Pleasant - Desert Tortoise and Vista Point. I met giladshay and John at the Park access gate. giladshay and I had a nice chat since we were early -- I definitely have the Red Sea on my bucket list!!

The first site was "sardined" with people, so the gents elected to go to Desert Tortoise. One look there, and we went "around the corner" to access Two Cow Cove.

I was excited about diving with new acquaintances in a new area . . . and that idea got 'quenched'. My suit just came back with the SiTech system and silicone seal. Normally, I would have hit the pool but it's closed and drained for maintenance. I hooked up my left sidemount tank and stepped deeper to reach the right tank, and WHOOSH!!! OMG, that was cold. My new seal contacts only the top 1/8", and not nearly tight enough. -- No, it has not been trimmed.

I tried to "trot briskly to the car" and find my electrical tape, but no luck. I went back to the gentlemen and asked them to please do the first dive without me. :(

Double-checked everything with the suit, and there was nothing to be done. Electrical tape again. :depressed: The guys came back while I was sitting in the water to keep cool -- "I think I'm ready now!", I grinned.

The dive was cool, but I wasn't too chilled. giladshay was diving wet - :shocked2: He is wa-a-ay tougher than I! giladshay is a very fluid and efficient diver - it was easy to stay alongside and communicate.

I can't say much about John - he was on the other side of giladshay, and all of us were within arm's reach in a line, and John was a darker splotch of the dark background from where I was. It was the first time I had done a pleasure dive (non-training, non-certification ) in vis like that. It was surprisingly peaceful. Nothing to worry about except watch the compass and swim along like a team. Surprisingly, not one fish to be seen!

The whole dive was just shy of 40 min, with a surface temp of 75F and depth at 63.7F or 65.1F, depending which arm you ask. :)

I had such a wonderful time with these two divers - John shared some stories of Phoenix and they recommended some dive ops if I wanted to do the Old Dam. I really, really appreciate them taking the time to show me around.

You guys are awesome! :flowers: I look forward to diving with you again.

Last edited:
It was our pleasure as well.
Unfortunately vis was bad in the lake today.
I felt like I dove in a green algae soup.
But I enjoyed the company of both.
Thank you.

Hi JAX,

A week later I dived the lake with much more success.
This time I brought my huge cam corder.
This is what I wanted you to see, but we've missed it- didn't we ?!
Anyway, I've attached a link for a short video clip from the lake.
Enjoy it:
YouTube - ‪giladshay 4 6 11‬‏
Gilad

Reactions: Jax
Super, Gilad! :clapping:

I think all the Memorial day goings-on made all the life head for the deep! :wink: Thanks for the video. :hugs: Tell John, "Hi" for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom