Tiger Shark on Juno Ledge Saturday +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Area 51, to be precise.....

We had a couple of spearos on the boat, including myself. They were out of towners so I gave them just a quick shark briefing. I told them they would likely see some little reefies on Area 51 and to just watch each other's backs if anybody speared a fish. I said the sharks were rather harmless...just little reefies.

I got my first grouper of the season. I carry my fish rather than float it to the surface. Then a big tiger shark came from behind and checked us out. It disappeared then made two more passes. It did not seem to be interested in my grouper at all. This was my third tiger shark sighting in the Jupiter/Juno area in a year. For anybody lucky enough to see one, it's an encounter you will never forget. They are so beautiful and graceful.

Angie,
Seems like every time you spot a Tiger it "comes form behind". A little un-settling to be sure. Watch your six.

Jim

Angie,
Seems like every time you spot a Tiger it "comes form behind". A little un-settling to be sure. Watch your six.

Jim

Makes me wonder how many miss when they see me and I don't see them. Creepy.

Cool...I had two of my divers say they saw one on Friday late afternoon there....I didn't put much to it....oops! LOL..maybe they did!

this was the first tiger ive seen in the wild and they are amazing,,,,,,,just wish i had gotten him on video...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom