Bungee length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spatman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a total n00b to sidemount, but i'm looking to buy a Nomad XT soon, and i see that one of the options is bungie length. Edd's online shop offers 11", 13", 15", 17" and 19" lengths.

How do I know which would be right for me?

Thanks for your help.

Take a class. Seriously.

Rob Neto set me up with different ways to hook up the bungees, to not using them, and there are still other ways to hook up. By trying them out, I was able to settle on the way that worked the best for me (and didn't break my thumb!). YMMV

i plan to take a class, but i need to have the gear purchased before i do, since there is no rental gear or borrowable gear for me to try. so i'm going to need a starting point with bungee length.

and yes, i have sent an email to the instructor as well. but i never hurts to get more than 1 opinion.

thanks.

I didn't buy bungees in any length ... I made my own. In fact, I went through a couple different lengths and diameters before I found out what worked best for me. I also rigged mine underneath the wing, rather than over the top.

But if you're getting the XT, and considering you're gonna be diving it up here, I am gonna recommend you get the weight plate that bolts on top of the wing.

Let's hook up before you buy so I can show you what I did ... you may decide to go a different route, but at least that way you get to see what the options are.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

thanks for advice so far, folks.

I didn't buy bungees in any length ... I made my own. In fact, I went through a couple different lengths and diameters before I found out what worked best for me. I also rigged mine underneath the wing, rather than over the top.

But if you're getting the XT, and considering you're gonna be diving it up here, I am gonna recommend you get the weight plate that bolts on top of the wing.

the weight plate is already on the list. i figured since i'm so buoyant...

edd's nomad rig comes with bungees, so i figured i'd start there. i'm sure that there will be plenty of tweaking and such happening for a while after...

I went through a couple of different ones but I usually run ring bungees under the wing, and 19's I think, over the wing, if I'm diving in cold water. Nice thing with the longer ones is that you can always shorten them, and if you need to make em longer just add a quick link or two

thanks for advice so far, folks.

the weight plate is already on the list. i figured since i'm so buoyant...

edd's nomad rig comes with bungees, so i figured i'd start there. i'm sure that there will be plenty of tweaking and such happening for a while after...

Then get the longest ones ... they're easy to shorten ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom