Nikonos V servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASA400

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys!

I'm getting back into diving after about a 15 year hiatus. I have a Nikonos V and since digital housings are so expensive, I figure I'll at least start back with the Nikonos. But, I need to have it serviced and don't know who I should send it to these days. I'm in Nevada, so California sites would be preferable, but I want it done by a reputable shop.

Any suggestions?

Jerry

Hi Sandy,

I read in another post that this guy had retired around the first of the year. I used to use SubAquatic but they are also out of business. Seems like getting the Nikonos serviced is a dying art :-(

Jerry

There was also a Nikon Service center in Atlanta(Norcross) that I used once. It may have been called Peachtrree Camera. Opposite side of the country but may be worth a search if the above does not work out.

Underwater Camera repair in Miami is a reputable service center on the east coast, so is Under Water Photo Tech in New Hampshire

Closer to you, you have indeed a Backscatter and Pacific housing repair in California, the Nikons V is a fairly simple camera to service as underwater equipment goes (I use to do my own service, even when travelling), most repaire shop should/would have the proper essential tools (the key here) for doing the work.

Southern Nikonos is still doing some parts sales and has their useful maintenance guides still up, but is no longer doing repairs or servicing, if I understood their response correctly.

Chuck, the service department of Fred Dion still goes under Under Water Photo Tech banner.

UW Photo - Underwater Camera Housing, Equipment, Photography

they have kept the service division apart, this being said, for that matter Backscatter (east and West) are also authorized service centers for our products.

+1 for Devon at Pacific Housing Reapir, just got mine back from him and he was fantastic to work with and very detail oriented.

http://pacifichousingrepair.com/

Back
Top Bottom