Top Womens BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seagal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the womens Pearl i3 right now and I'm not a huge fan. I'm looking to get a new BCD and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I was thinking

1. The pearl without the i3 feature
2. the Tusa Selene II
3. some sort of cressi

If anyone has any other types of recommendations let me know! Thanks! Also tell me what features you like etc.

I have the old style Pearl and I love it!! I would recommend it to any woman but especially ones like me who have large boobs:)

I love the integrated weights as I personally hate a weight belt and am also a fan of the trim pockets, in which I put about half of my weight.

My only issue with it, and I guess this is a general fault of integrated weight BCD's, is that the pockets really are very small as a result.

I have broken one of the pocket zips by trying to cram my SMB and finger reel into it. Bit of a pain as I hate to have the SMB hanging from a D ring. I use my other pcoket for spare weights as I am a DMC so can't use it for the SMB plus I don't want to break the other zip.

I tried on The Tusa Selene when buying the Pearl and not a huge fan tbh..haven't tried any Cressi ones.
I would buy the pearl again.

Jox

I love the ScubaPro Lady Hawk. It is designed to fit a woman and is very streamlined. It has integrated weight pockets, and a fold down pocket to put accessories or shells in. It has several D rings to clip off dangly things or knives and/or scissors. It's adjustable and made to fit a woman, no matter her size.

Well, of course, I'm biased (as we all are, toward the things we like) but I think that especially for women, a backplate and wing setup is wonderful. There is nothing on your chest at all, and the harness is infinitely adjustable to get a correct fit, no matter what size you are. Plus, a great thing for Puget Sound divers is that a backplate allows you to take about three pounds off your total ballast, and five additional pounds off your belt!

Seagal, if you are interested in trying one, shoot me a PM. Peter and I have several rigs we use for students and a pool in our backyard.

I have the womens Pearl i3 right now and I'm not a huge fan. I'm looking to get a new BCD and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I was thinking

1. The pearl without the i3 feature

If anyone has any other types of recommendations let me know! Thanks! Also tell me what features you like etc.

Why not cap the i3 inflator hose reciever & just put an inflator hose on in place of the oral inflator? My instructor didn't like the i3 also & did just that.
I personally dive an Oceanic Hera & find it to be VERY comfortable.

Whatever you decide, do yourself a favor and try before you buy. It honestly doesn't matter what any of us recommend, what matters is what fits YOU best and what YOU like, regardless of brand or style.

Seagal -- as is usually the case with buying any gear, you need to answer some questions first and then your answers help you pick your purchase:

a. What is it you don't like about the gear you have? OK -- you don't like the the i3 -- anything else?

b. What is it you want your gear to feel like? Do you want your BC to "fit you like a glove" or be loose or...? Do you like bulky BCs or streamlined ones? Do you like BCs that you can "customize" to your own specific desire or just what the designer designed?

c. What do you want your gear to do?

d. What do you want to do with your gear? Do you want to travel with your BC or just stay at home?

My wife got sherwood solaris its very simple quite minimal back inflate with no fluff. It has 4 d rings so you can even dive with regs setup in a hog way. I borrowed it couple of times when diving down south and i was even able to ajdust it for me, the straps were long enough.

My partner has the Zeagle Zena and like it a lot. She's pretty thin with not a lot up top. With all the adjustable straps that go across the body in two places and the adjustable shoulders it fits her like a glove.

Back
Top Bottom