Epic May 4 states 89 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
May 1 grouper season opened and I left Jax headed out to some the local wrecks and reefs.Vis and temps were spotty at best with hot jellies being occasional to epidemic mostly 20' vis and hi 60s inshore lower temp but better vis offshore.
Then headed S. off Daytona and Flagler vis was worse mostly so we decided on GA waters for the next trip,good idea.
Ended up taking the boat to SC and even venturing into NC diving mostly live bottom but a few wrecks including the 18 fathom wreck AKA ore freighter.Vis was 40' at the worst and better than 100' a lot temps were consistant 67-69.

Hilites were a #44+ grouper,being swarmed by schools of jacks and african pompano,small porpoises doing acrobatics next to us,the stars 60 miles out with all the lights off,seeing schools of red snapper on almost every dive even in Carolina at least a couple to hundreds at times

Back home for a week of no diving as it's my 17th anniversary 6/3 and DW and I are going to disassemble the .40cal S&W I got her for our anniversary to coat it hot pink and put a laser sight on it.See a few movies and chill then back to the grindstone....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom