Which one has better diving for photos

• Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Greece in August. Although you get very clear water (30m+ vis) it does tend to be a little sterile - not masses of fish life.

Also note that diving in lots of greece is still banned and those that DO allow it dont allow wreck dives or night dives as standard so you're limited to reefs.

Ive never dived portugal but as a wild guess id say conditions will be more challenging however there MAY be more variety in the dives.

String once bubbled...
Also note that diving in lots of greece is still banned and those that DO allow it dont allow wreck dives or night dives as standard so you're limited to reefs.

Unless you are a Greek LOLOL:D :D
When you go to Greece again let me know and (depending the area) will show you where to dive!

The Azores has great diving.. I decided to take the class and have one more dive to complete my OW training. there are tons of places to dive here on Terceira Island... The Azores is a group of islands off the coast of Portugal about 900 miles west and 220 miles east of the US. there are I believe nine islands with Sao Miguel being the bigges.... heard there is great diving there too. If you fly from Boston to Sao miguel you can get a ticket for about 400 dollars roundtrip through sata air lines..... that airline will also bring you to terceira too.... Lots of military dive here for recreation and have a club called the aquaknights....

Tim

Hey T,

What would be the water temp in early May? Rough seas at that time? I've been interested in the Azores for years and would love to get there.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Well here it is dead in the middle of the winter and I just got back from diving. The water temp was 62 and with my 5mm wetsuit it was perfect... It only gets warmer from here. By may the temp is a lot better and the sea is much calmer.... My instructor is about to finish his dive shop and then will be ready to roll... in the mean time there is another person who takes people out and the website for him is www.teamazores.com

all the info is there on the bottom....

Tim

wandernsoul:
Hey T,

What would be the water temp in early May? Rough seas at that time? I've been interested in the Azores for years and would love to get there.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Hey Tim,

Thanks for that info. One more thing, if you don't mind. You mentioned Sata airline from Boston. I can't seem to find any website that gets me info on flights from Boston on Sata. Only from Europe or within the islands. Any suggestions? And any suggestions on places to stay on the island would be helpful. I don't need fluff but i do like a bit of comfort.
Thanks again!

I will have to get the number from my computer at work.... I will get it tomorrow and then let you know. there are two new 4 star hotels in Angra do Heroismo which is right near on of the best dive sites on the island, Cinco Riberias. If you get in touch with the guy from the site he can hook all that up for you with the rental car..... if you would like to ask some questions here is the email address to my instructor Paulo.... I just got my last dive in today for my OW cert.... He is the one opening up the new shop... His email address is aquarius.diver@mail.telepac.pt

He holds tons of certs and knows the island better probably better than anyone, he has been diving here for a long time.....

Just let him know that I gave you his email.... He also has a boat and by the time you come will be running charters too.

Tim

wandernsoul:
Hey Tim,

Thanks for that info. One more thing, if you don't mind. You mentioned Sata airline from Boston. I can't seem to find any website that gets me info on flights from Boston on Sata. Only from Europe or within the islands. Any suggestions? And any suggestions on places to stay on the island would be helpful. I don't need fluff but i do like a bit of comfort.
Thanks again!

Forgot to ask, why are you in New Hampshire..... I am from Nashua and will be heading there in a couple weeks on leave... then I will be heading to South Dakota to my next assignment...

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom