Lost in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
computer lost U/W in cozumel
Tuesday May 10th I lost a computer at Palancar Cuevones area. We dropped in a little south of the normal starting part, but not my much. We stayed a little shallower than normal due to a new diver having some difficulties. It was in a wrist mount that was clipped to my console with a large stainless steel clip. I THINK it came off when i sent up my surface marker at the start of our ascent to the safety stop, not sure though. It's a Genesis React Pro. I can give a more specific description if someone thinks they found it.

I swam against the current to where I deployed Surface marker, but didn't see it. The DM and I dropped back in about 1/2 way through the dived area and did a quick 10 minute search to where I deployed to no avail.

I was once told that "THINGS DON'T STAY LOST FOR LONG IN COZUMEL" so I'm sure someone has found it by now.

I know this is a really long shot... but worth a gamble.

thanks

TC

Longshot is an understatement. Years ago a boat flipped and sank one afternoon on the way in. The next day NOTHING was left. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom