Nikon D5100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White Knight

Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought a Nikon D5100 for my wife and I to play around with. It's our first "real camera." (Even though I know many of you don't consider an entry entry level camera as a "real" camera). That said, I haven't been able to locate a housing to be able to use it underwater? Lots of D5000, but not D5100. Perhaps its just too new? Also, I have no idea whatsoever what strobes, lenses, filters, etc. I should use. So for a hack....any direction from you Nikon pros would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
We are looking at the same camera. It has great specs for a great price, plus all the Nikon lenses. Called Ikelite this morning. They are working on a housing for the D5100. It IS different than the D-5000. Heard 30 days??

Thanks for the FYI....I'll just be patient then. The camera does take awesome pictures

Interesting

The D5100 has no focusing motor in the body so some popular lenses won't autofocus. The seemingly "world's favorite" underwater zoom, the Tokina 10-17, is one such lens that won't autofocus on the D5100.

Hopefully I will be able to find "another" world famous lense to autofocus with my Nikon D5100. There must be some optons available....

Do you have an idea of cost from Ikelite???

The D5100 Ikelite housing is $1400 the same price as the D5000 housing. I know your post was a few months ago but I just read it. Let me know if we can help you with your order when you're ready.
Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom