Lost: U/W camera @ BHB, Sunday 6/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amw5g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Lost a Sealife 1200 in housing today (6/5) at Blue Heron Bridge. Possibly slipped off my arm upon re-entry and my waddle back to the car. But given how securely it was attached, also likely that it wandered off while I was de-gearing at the car and my back was turned. Please PM if you happened to have found it, I will find a way to reward you.

Should you have it, but choose not to return it, then I wish you good luck, and please take better care of it than I. The memory card is good & fast, but it is coming apart at the plastic seam, so I recommend you swap it out rather than risk failure. Perhaps you could be kind enough to post the pictures somewhere anonymously and let me know. It was my first octopus sighting ever and I probably treasure the poorly-taken pictures more than you. I also took some pictures of an insta-buddy, and I know he'd like those.

Best,
Amw 5G :depressed:
Also posting in the Lost & Found forum

Condolences on your loss. With the 80 or so divers out there today, here's hoping that it was picked up by mistake and anyone who was there today and uses a DC1200, reads this thread and double checks their car and gear bag to make sure they don't have yours.

I hope your camera finds it's way home soon.

The octos are wonderful and will be here for a while. Next time you're down this way, PM me and if I can get away, I'll bring a spare camera for you if you need it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thank you, Bilsant, for the kind words and offer. I just may take you up on it for our next BHB trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom