Oceanic Bio-Lite Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will_Evo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to give a quick review of the Oceanic BioLite.

Pros:

- Very lightweight
- Super Simple
- Great for travel

Cons:

- Small Backplate
- No Cumber Band

I have done 10-15 dives with it so far and am very pleased. Everything about it is rugged and very simple. I traveled with it to Florida and had no problems fitting it into a regular gym bag with all my gear. The only complaint I have about this BC is the size and location of the backplate/tank strap. It seems way too high on the bladder and because of this causes me to hit me head on my first stage unless the tank is strapped on very high and even then I hit it sometimes. Also the backplate's size causes the tank to roll a bit which can be a bit awkward. I bought this BC as an experiment because there weren't any reviews on it yet. Would I buy it again? I don't think so, I might opt for the Islander 2 instead but will be keeping this one for a while since I have it. It's a decent BC overall an these problems aren't enough for me to need a new one.

-Evo

I agree with your review 100%
I missed the cumber band as well.
The waist strap seemed to not know on what side of my gut to stay :)
It's the tank roll that made me sell mine on Ebay after I took a trip to Curacao this year.
I bought a Zeagle Stiletto and couldn't be happier.
Double tank strap on a larger plate.
Super stable....

You can get a cumber bum for it. The attachments are on it and you just have to thread it through. I think it cost $40 for the cumber bum.

Back
Top Bottom