Quitting diving sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbaldi

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After 25 years I have decided to retire from teaching scuba, sell off my gear and quit diving. It has been a great ride but 4,000+ dives are enough and it is time to move on to other interests.

Unless otherwise noted, all gear has been used primarily in fresh water but have seen a few salt water dives as well. I am guessing that most of this gear has been used about 10-15 dives total unless noted. I maintain my gear meticulously and all gear is in good to excellent shape (unless noted otherwise).

Dive Gear

Brok Agir 360 Donut Wing - $300 Like new condition except for the grommet oxidation seen in the photos.
(details here: http://www.aagir-brokk.com/ca91bfd9-383a-47dd-9196-06f27ed7a147-9.html )

Oxycheq stainless steel backplate. HOG rigged. Missing the hip D ring - $90
Set of Billy Rings. Two shoulder D Rings and one Side D ring - $50 for the set of three

Oxycheq backplate pad - $40. Comes with sex bolts to mount it to the Oxycheq backplate.

Custom argon straps - $20. Two argon straps to cinch a 6 cu foot bottle to the backplate. (Whoever designed these straps is a genius. No bungie or clamps needed. Simply insert the bottle and the natural tension of the two straps hold the bottle in place) Alternatively, you can use one strap and a bungie if you want to rig your argon bottle DIR “wreck style” )

DIR serrated knife - $10. Comes with holster. Small piece has broken off from the handle.

Oxycheq Raider II LED backup lights with clips - $45 apiece. (Best backup lights I have ever owned. I have never had a problem with these lights. I believe some users previously had a problem with the Raider One light. These are not those lights! The Raider II’s have been the most reliable (and brightest!) backup lights I have ever used.)

Scubapro Jet fins. Size XL with XS Scuba spring straps - $100

12W LED light. I had this custom made by Corey when he was at Salvo (now Light Monkey) a few years ago. Primary Lights - Light Monkey Enterprises LLC
This link provides the same specs as this light but I had Corey make it with the on / off switch on the battery pack instead of the twist on light head. The light is perfect for a primary wreck diving light. It makes a great cave light as well. - $550. Includes the charger for the light.

AL6 Argon bottle with DIN valve and regulator (hose needs a new shrader valve) $125 Hydro is 5-08.

Safety flare kit (Buyer beware - not sure if this works or not) includes two flares, signal mirror and whistle - $10

OMS Jonline with Manta “Bob line” hook - $20

Wet notes - $5 for the plain notebook or $20 for the notebook with Dive Xtras cover. Both have been written in but still have life. Toe tag for body recovery as seen in photo included at no extra charge if you by the Wetnotes with cordura cover!

Salvo regulators (parts can be obtained for these regs pretty easily. They are generic regs and I believe use the same parts as several similar regs that are currently on the market. There should be no issue getting parts for these regs.) Regs are rigged in Hogartian fashion with 7 foot hose, XS Scuba “Brass and Glass” SPG. They work fine and were serviced last year but probably are due for an overhaul. $475 for both reg setups.

Salvo (now Light Monkey) Pathfinder style reel. In good to like new condition. $95

Jotron strobe light $30 (One of the best safety strobes on the market. I used this one to mark anchor lines, interesting parts of the wreck or hung it on my surface supplied oxygen rig to assist in locating it in murky water)

Two spools. I believe the white one is a 100 footer and the hi viz line is a 150 footer. $15 each or both for $25. Includes the double enders.

OMS signal dyes $20 for both

Home built stage leash - $10

DIN fill adaptor to yoke - $15

Air blower nozzle - $10

Uwatec compass in DSS mount with bungie - $35

Steel dive cylinder. I believe this is a Heiser 104 cubic foot tank. I used it as a supply cylinder to top my rebreather bottle and also as a supply tank for a surface supplied oxygen rig. Specs are here:
Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan
$100. Local pick up only on this beast.

DUI CF200X drysuit. Size Large. Includes a Salvo (now Light Monkey) balanced P valve, APEX inlet and outlet valves and two XS Scuba bellows pockets. Suit comes with a condom cath and zipper lubricant tube. Suit is generally in good shape but has seen a lot of action over the years. Not sure how many dives I have on this suit but it is quite a few. There are a few places I have made minor patches fixed using Aquaseal. You can see them in the photos. I replaced the zipper about 3 years ago and had the seals replaced a few years ago by DUI. Both are still going strong. The suit was leaked tested about a year ago and currently does not have any known leaks or problems. It is one of the driest and best drysuits I have owned. I am sorry to see it go. - $900

DUI Thinsulate 200 gram Size Large undergarment. $90

Fluffy fleece socks. Size Large $15

Dive books and videos:

Wreck Diving Magazines Back Issues and Advanced Diver Magazines $40 for all – Wreck Diver Issues numbers: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22. ADM back issues 30 and 31.
Back issue info here:
WreckdivingMag.com: Back Issues
ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE
ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE

IANTD Recreational Logbook - $5 new

Nitrox Mixing Handbook $25

IANTD Rescue Diver and Dive Leadership DVD $10

DAN BLS Pro DVD - $10

Dive Videos (VHS): Sinking of the USS Bass; USS Tarpon; Wrecks of the Outer Banks of North Carolina I and II; Hell at 40 fathoms – story of the S-5; Story of the U-853; Gary Gentile’s USS Monitor video; Liberty Ship John Morgan - $30 takes em all

GUE Chips Hole DVD - $15

2008 DAN Technical Diving conference CD Rom - $10

DAN – Now I might be Bent CD rom - $10

Nova – Hitler’s lost sub – story of the UWho U-869 with Chatterton and Kohler - $10

Collision of the Andrea Doria - $10

(2) Project Yukon (wreck off San Diego) DVD - $5 each

Gary Gentile Andrea Doria Books - $20 for both

Deep Diving by Bret Gilliam - $ 15

Mixed Gas Diving by Bret Gilliam - $ 15

Gary Gentile Technical Diving Handbook - $ 20

Complete Wreck Diving by Brian Skerry - $ 15

Luxfer Guide to Cylinder Inspection (VHS) - $15

Diving Dry (VHS) by DUI - $10

X Scooter Owners Manual - $5

Unified Team Diving DVDs
Essentials - $20
Intro to Tech - $20
Technical / Trimix - $30

Six skills and other discussions book - $30

Diving T Shirts – Used but in good condition. Size XL. Worn on a few dive trips but in good condition. $15 takes them all:
• AUE – Key West Ghost Fleet shirt
• John Jack – 50th Andrea Doria expedition (I spilled water on the shirt before I took the photo. There is no stain on the shirt)
• Cave Diver Evolution T shirt

Teaching Materials

Tech Diving International / Scuba Diving International Instructor and diving guides. I believe that all the material is current and suitable for a SDI or TDI Instructor candidate. Price includes everything SDI/TDI you see listed in the photos. Brand new - $75 for all

NSSCDS Underwater Speleology CD Rom Issues 1-15 - $10

Technical Diving International Instructor Presentations on CD Rom:
• Decompression Procedures
• Advanced Gas Blender
• Extended Range / Trimix
• Nitrox Gas Blender
• O2 Service Technician
• Advanced Nitrox
$10 apiece for TDI slide sets.

IANTD Instructor Slide Presentations on CD ROM:

• Drager Dolphin Diver
• Gas Blending Instructor
• Open Water
• Nitrox
• Deep Diver
• Technical Nitrox
• Technical Workbook
• IDC
• Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Open Water Diver
• Rescue Diver
• Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Deeper Diving

All IANTD digital guides for $60

NAUI Digital version instructional guides:

NAUI Recreational Guides – Scuba Diver, Advanced Diver, Master Diver, Rescue, First Aid, Leadership, NAUI Instructor Trainer and Nitrox guides
NAUI Technical Guides – Intro to Tech, Technical Diver, Trimix, Technical Support Leader, Technical wreck guide. Also, a PDF guide of the slides for NAUI Cave I.
Also included are a bunch of various pdf teaching guides I have collected over the years. Digital versions of the NAUI Guides will be delivered in a single memory stick. $125 for everything.

Misc non diving stuff

Tent - I have a 3 person tent (If I recall correctly) I used to set up on the beach. In good shape. $20 takes it.

Photos of everything are here:

TDS Scuba Sale - a set on Flickr

I accept paypal and checks. Items will be held until checks clear. Shipping is additional. If using paypal, add 4% to your order to cover the fees. I am willing to ship international but will need to hold the items until funds clear due to the large amount of cross border fraud currently going on. Email me for details if this is an issue.

Feel free to make offers on any items if you think the prices are out of whack. Priority will be given to the highest bidder though!

All items sold as is. Email with questions or for more photos to sandiegoaes at yahoo dot com. It is best to email me rather than PM on SB since I check this so infrequently.

Also, I may have to switch computers in the next week so I might be slow returning emails / PMs. Please be patient and I will return all messages as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking!

TB

Payment sent for the Wreck diver backup issues. Thanks

tbaldi,

Where are you located??? I always like to look if I can...!!!

lee

Update on available items:

Dive Gear

Brok Agir 360 Donut Wing - $300 Like new condition except for the grommet oxidation seen in the photos.
(details here: http://www.aagir-brokk.com/ca91bfd9-383a-47dd-9196-06f27ed7a147-9.html )

Oxycheq stainless steel backplate. HOG rigged. Missing the hip D ring - $90

Set of Billy Rings. Two shoulder D Rings and one Side D ring - $50 for the set of three

Oxycheq backplate pad - $40. Comes with sex bolts to mount it to the Oxycheq backplate.

Custom argon straps - SOLD

DIR serrated knife - $10. Comes with holster. Small piece has broken off from the handle.

Oxycheq Raider II LED backup lights with clips - $45 apiece. (Best backup lights I have ever owned. I have never had a problem with these lights. I believe some users previously had a problem with the Raider One light. These are not those lights! The Raider II’s have been the most reliable (and brightest!) backup lights I have ever used.) One has been sold. One remains

Scubapro Jet fins. Size XL with XS Scuba spring straps - $100

12W LED light. I had this custom made by Corey when he was at Salvo (now Light Monkey) a few years ago. Primary Lights - Light Monkey Enterprises LLC
This link provides the same specs as this light but I had Corey make it with the on / off switch on the battery pack instead of the twist on light head. The light is perfect for a primary wreck diving light. It makes a great cave light as well. - $550. Includes the charger for the light.

AL6 Argon bottle with DIN valve and regulator (hose needs a new shrader valve) $125 Hydro is 5-08.

Safety flare kit (Buyer beware - not sure if this works or not) includes two flares, signal mirror and whistle - $10

OMS Jonline with Manta “Bob line” hook - $20

Wet notes - $5 for the plain notebook or $20 for the notebook with Dive Xtras cover. Both have been written in but still have life. Toe tag for body recovery as seen in photo included at no extra charge if you by the Wetnotes with cordura cover! Codura cover notes has been sold

Salvo regulators (parts can be obtained for these regs pretty easily. They are generic regs and I believe use the same parts as several similar regs that are currently on the market. There should be no issue getting parts for these regs.) Regs are rigged in Hogartian fashion with 7 foot hose, XS Scuba “Brass and Glass” SPG. They work fine and were serviced last year but probably are due for an overhaul. $475 for both reg setups.

Salvo (now Light Monkey) Pathfinder style reel. In good to like new condition. $95

Jotron strobe light SOLD

Two spools. SOLD

OMS signal dyes $20 for both

DIN fill adaptor to yoke SOLD

Air blower nozzle SOLD

Uwatec compass in DSS mount with bungie SOLD

Steel dive cylinder. I believe this is a Heiser 104 cubic foot tank. I used it as a supply cylinder to top my rebreather bottle and also as a supply tank for a surface supplied oxygen rig. Specs are here:
Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan

DUI CF200X drysuit. Size Large. Includes a Salvo (now Light Monkey) balanced P valve, APEX inlet and outlet valves and two XS Scuba bellows pockets. Suit comes with a condom cath and zipper lubricant tube. Suit is generally in good shape but has seen a lot of action over the years. Not sure how many dives I have on this suit but it is quite a few. There are a few places I have made minor patches fixed using Aquaseal. You can see them in the photos. I replaced the zipper about 3 years ago and had the seals replaced a few years ago by DUI. Both are still going strong. The suit was leaked tested about a year ago and currently does not have any known leaks or problems. It is one of the driest and best drysuits I have owned. I am sorry to see it go. - $900

DUI Thinsulate 200 gram Size Large undergarment. $90

Fluffy fleece socks. Size Large $15

Dive books and videos:

Wreck Diving Magazines Back Issues and Advanced Diver Magazines SOLD

Nitrox Mixing Handbook $25

DAN BLS Pro DVD - $10

Dive Videos (VHS): Sinking of the USS Bass; USS Tarpon; Wrecks of the Outer Banks of North Carolina I and II; Hell at 40 fathoms – story of the S-5; Story of the U-853; Gary Gentile’s USS Monitor video; Liberty Ship John Morgan - $30 takes em all

GUE Chips Hole DVD - $15

DAN – Now I might be Bent CD rom - $10

Nova – Hitler’s lost sub – story of the UWho U-869 with Chatterton and Kohler - $10

(2) Project Yukon (wreck off San Diego) DVD – ONE HAS BEEN SOLD

Gary Gentile Andrea Doria Books - $20 for both

Deep Diving by Bret Gilliam - $ 15

Mixed Gas Diving by Bret Gilliam - $ 15

Gary Gentile Technical Diving Handbook - $ 20

Complete Wreck Diving by Brian Skerry - $ 15

Luxfer Guide to Cylinder Inspection (VHS) - $15

Diving Dry (VHS) by DUI - $10

X Scooter Owners Manual - $5

Unified Team Diving DVDs
Essentials - $20
Intro to Tech - $20
Technical / Trimix - SOLD
Scooter DVD - SOLD

Six skills and other discussions book - $30

Diving T Shirts – Used but in good condition. Size XL. Worn on a few dive trips but in good condition. $10 takes both:
• John Jack – SOLD

Teaching Materials

Tech Diving International / Scuba Diving International Instructor and diving guides. I believe that all the material is current and suitable for a SDI or TDI Instructor candidate. Price includes everything SDI/TDI you see listed in the photos. Brand new - $75 for all

NSSCDS Underwater Speleology CD Rom Issues 1-15 - $10

Technical Diving International Instructor Presentations on CD Rom:

• Decompression Procedures
• Advanced Gas Blender
• Extended Range / Trimix
• Nitrox Gas Blender
• O2 Service Technician
• Advanced Nitrox
$10 apiece for TDI slide sets.

IANTD Instructor Slide Presentations on CD ROM:

• Drager Dolphin Diver
• Gas Blending Instructor
• Open Water
• Nitrox
• Deep Diver
• Technical Nitrox
• Technical Workbook
• IDC
• Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Open Water Diver
• Rescue Diver
• Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Recreational Trimix
• Advanced Deeper Diving

All IANTD digital guides for $60

NAUI Digital version instructional guides:

NAUI Recreational Guides – Scuba Diver, Advanced Diver, Master Diver, Rescue, First Aid, Leadership, NAUI Instructor Trainer and Nitrox guides

NAUI Technical Guides – Intro to Tech, Technical Diver, Trimix, Technical Support Leader, Technical wreck guide. Also, a PDF guide of the slides for NAUI Cave I.

Also included are a bunch of various pdf teaching guides I have collected over the years. Digital versions of the NAUI Guides will be delivered in a single memory stick. $125 for everything.

Misc non diving stuff

Tent - I have a 3 person tent (If I recall correctly) I used to set up on the beach. In good shape. $20 takes it.

TDS Scuba Sale - a set on Flickr

Updated prices!!!!

Quitting diving sale.

Oxycheq stainless steel backplate. HOG rigged. Missing the hip D ring with Oxycheq backplate, sex bolts to mount it to the Oxycheq pad, DIR serrated knife . Comes with holster. Small piece has broken off from handle. $110 for everything.

Set of Billy Rings. Two shoulder D Rings and one Side D ring - $40 for the set of three

Scubapro Jet fins. Size XL with XS Scuba spring straps - $85

This link provides the same specs as this light but I had Corey make it with the on / off switch on the battery pack instead of the twist on light head. The light is perfect for a primary wreck diving light. It makes a great cave light as well. - $475. Includes the charger for the light.

OMS Jonline with Manta “Bob line” hook - $20 (pending sale)

Wet notes - $5 for the plain notebook. Cordura cover has been sold.

Salvo regulators (parts can be obtained for these regs pretty easily. They are generic regs and I believe use the same parts as several similar regs that are currently on the market. There should be no issue getting parts for these regs.) Regs are rigged in Hogartian fashion with 7 foot hose, XS Scuba “Brass and Glass” SPG. They work fine and were serviced last year but probably are due for an overhaul. $400 for both reg setups.

Salvo (now Light Monkey) Pathfinder style reel. In good to like new condition. $80

OMS signal dyes $15 for both

http://www.huronscuba.com/equipment/...ification.html

DUI CF200X drysuit. Size Large. Includes a Salvo (now Light Monkey) balanced P valve, APEX inlet and outlet valves and two XS Scuba bellows pockets. Suit comes with a condom cath and zipper lubricant tube. Suit is generally in good shape but has seen a lot of action over the years. Not sure how many dives I have on this suit but it is quite a few. There are a few places I have made minor patches fixed using Aquaseal. You can see them in the photos. I replaced the zipper about 3 years ago and had the seals replaced a few years ago by DUI. Both are still going strong. The suit was leaked tested about a year ago and currently does not have any known leaks or problems. It is one of the driest and best drysuits I have owned. I am sorry to see it go. Includes DUI Thinsulate 200 gram Size Large undergarment. Fluffy fleece socks. Size Large $800 for everything listed above.

Nitrox Mixing Handbook $20

DAN BLS Pro DVD - $10

Dive Videos (VHS): Sinking of the USS Bass; USS Tarpon; Wrecks of the Outer Banks of North Carolina I and II; Hell at 40 fathoms – story of the S-5; Story of the U-853; Gary Gentile’s USS Monitor video; Liberty Ship John Morgan - $25 takes em all

GUE Chips Hole DVD - $12

Project Yukon (wreck off San Diego) DVD - $5 each

Gary Gentile Andrea Doria Books - $15 for both

Deep Diving by Bret Gilliam - $10

Mixed Gas Diving by Bret Gilliam - $10

Gary Gentile Technical Diving Handbook - $ 15

Complete Wreck Diving by Brian Skerry - $10

Luxfer Guide to Cylinder Inspection (VHS) - $10

Diving Dry (VHS) by DUI - $5

Unified Team Diving DVDs
Essentials - $15
Intro to Tech - $15

Diving T Shirts – Used but in good condition. Size XL. Worn on a few dive trips but in good condition. $15 takes them all:
• John Jack – 50th Andrea Doria expedition (I spilled water on the shirt before I took the photo. There is no stain on the shirt)

NSSCDS Underwater Speleology CD Rom Issues 1-15 - $8

Misc non diving stuff

Tent - I have a 3 person tent (If I recall correctly) I used to set up on the beach to protect equipment. In good shape. $20 takes it. (no photo of it)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7569763...7626746435111/

I accept paypal and checks. Items will be held until checks clear. Shipping is additional. If using paypal, add 4% to your order to cover the fees. I am willing to ship international but will need to hold the items until funds clear due to the large amount of cross border fraud currently going on. Email me for details if this is an issue.

Feel free to make offers on any items if you think the prices are out of whack. Priority will be given to the highest bidder though!

All items sold as is. Email with questions or for more photos to sandiegoaes at yahoo dot com.

Also, I may have to switch computers in the next week so I might be slow returning emails / PMs. Please be patient and I will return all messages as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking!

TB[/QUOTE]

Payment sent for 12w LED Light monkey can light.

Back
Top Bottom