Five Years Ago Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jupitermermaid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Five years ago today I "earned" my OW certification. In that time, I have made, 1,042 dives. The first year was uneventual, since I had a bad buddy experience and waited for over a year before I decided that, since I was a certified diver, I was going to make the most of it. Since then, I have made giant strides and each dive I make is better than the last.

I never thought I would ever be a hunter, yet, after watching and drooling over lobster caught during season, I became a lobster hunter.

After the lion fish invasion, I have become a fearless lion fish huntress and have caught multiple lion fish on most dives I have made. My SO's diet consists of only fish, so this makes a nice meal for my beloved, while maintaining the balance of the ecosystem underwater.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that retirement would be as exciting as it is, happy as it is, and'or fulfilling as it is! The last 5 years have been the best 5 years in my life, unequitibally.

That's great! :) I'm happy to hear your excitement in this post. Congratulations!

Sandy - I'm starting my 4th year of diving and no where near your dive count!!! You are definitely an inspiration. Congratulations!!!!!

Can't wait to see you in Bonaire in a few weeks!!!!

Awesome!
Many more years, but no where near as many dives, yet.
The difference may have something to do with my living where the water is solid almost 1/2 the year, and not all that warm the other 1/2, and maybe that I can't ever retire, but you certainly have picked the path that many would love to follow!

Sandy - I'm starting my 4th year of diving and no where near your dive count!!! You are definitely an inspiration. Congratulations!!!!!

Can't wait to see you in Bonaire in a few weeks!!!!

Bonaire is going to be so much fun! Jeff is excited as well, and is trying to get as many dives in as he can before we go so he'll be "ready...." LOL. He's worse than me!

Awesome!
Many more years, but no where near as many dives, yet.
The difference may have something to do with my living where the water is solid almost 1/2 the year, and not all that warm the other 1/2, and maybe that I can't ever retire, but you certainly have picked the path that many would love to follow!

Yeah. If I still lived in a cold weather environment I probably would be a non-diver or vacation diver. I'm fortunate to live in sunny Florida, only several miles from my LDS and Blue Heron Bridge. Being retired affords me the opportunity to dive almost 5 days a week, and when I'm DM'ing I get tips for diving! Can't beat that......lol!

Yeah. If I still lived in a cold weather environment I probably would be a non-diver or vacation diver. I'm fortunate to live in sunny Florida, only several miles from my LDS and Blue Heron Bridge. Being retired affords me the opportunity to dive almost 5 days a week, and when I'm DM'ing I get tips for diving! Can't beat that......lol!
Diving almost 5 days a week would pure heaven to me. I wished I lived in FL. :crying:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom