Equipment backorder problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bhtmec2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hollis

First I love your gear so please keep them in production:D

Second. I have been looking to get a new BP/w and after searching for availability I ordered a new rig. As I found about everyone has the items I wanted on back order.

I finally ordered from Dive right in scuba and they have all the gear but the SS Wing and the Pad.

I have been bugging them and they say 7 plus days for the SS wing. And they have no idea for the pad....

Can I get some realistic idea when I can expect the items to be shipped from you to the dealer? PLEASE

Bryan

Bryan,

Not sure why you are posting this here. Did you not get your order update? It says that we were out of the S38 wing, and we would have it in 7 days. Your order was just placed 6-5-11, and we are closed Sundays....so there was no response. It takes 5-7 days coming from California (business days) for us to get the product, which was ordered 2 days ago. This was all emailed to you in your order updates. If you login to your account, you can see this information.

I know Heather had emailed you and said that the Backplate pads were being redone at the Manufacturer. They had a slight issue with the grommet holes, and are reworking them. We don't have a date on when these will be available yet.

Is there a reason you didn't want to contact us about this and decided to come here, and claim there is a problem after 3 days? It is the summer, and we do run out of items. You had placed your order for the S38 wing, at the same time others did...we simply ran out and had to order more. There is no problem with anything other than the pad...which we told you about as soon as you placed the order.

I apologize for the delay, which is why we try to stay in contact about your order thru the entire process.

Not sure why anyone would be punking DRIS. They are a great organization and I say that after having ordered many items through them. I understand being anxious to get your gear but give DRIS some credit.

I am as we speak considering the placement of my order for a new Hollis FX100 with boots, bat fins, permanent cuff rings with dry gloves and silicone seals, plus the replaceable neck seal system. DRIS will get my order even though I have a couple of options for local dealers.

Not sure why anyone would be punking DRIS. They are a great organization and I say that after having ordered many items through them. I understand being anxious to get your gear but give DRIS some credit.

I am as we speak considering the placement of my order for a new Hollis FX100 with boots, bat fins, permanent cuff rings with dry gloves and silicone seals, plus the replaceable neck seal system. DRIS will get my order even though I have a couple of options for local dealers.

Mitten Diver
You need to re-read my post. It was addressed to Hollis not DRIS. Punking?:shakehead: Get a grip you did not read the post properly.

DRIS

I was writing to Hollis not your company. I wanted feed back from them that is why I posted it here and Addressed the post to Hollis.

I would not have selected your company unless you were a great provider (Dealer). I talked to Heather and if you ask her she knew I was going to post this. Am I not allowed to contact (Question) a manufacture? No need for a response the answer is yes.

In my many years I have ordered things and had the dealer tell me it is on back order and would be there in a few days and ship. Time passes and contact them again and same story that they are waiting for the factory and they have no control. I truly believe you when you told me the time line but I wanted to check with Hollis.

I have a trip and training that I wanted it for and just want to feel good that it will be there, the Pad is no big issue but it would not be bad if they got them out sooner than later. I am the customer so I can ask questions. I am normally a low maintenance person but sometimes being on the far end of the supply/logistics end of the caribbean things get here late so I wanted to get a good feel from the source.

Hope that clears up the misconception's of the original post.
Bryan

Hollis

First I love your gear so please keep them in production:D

Second. I have been looking to get a new BP/w and after searching for availability I ordered a new rig. As I found about everyone has the items I wanted on back order.

I finally ordered from Dive right in scuba and they have all the gear but the SS Wing and the Pad.

I have been bugging them and they say 7 plus days for the SS wing. And they have no idea for the pad....

Can I get some realistic idea when I can expect the items to be shipped from you to the dealer? PLEASE

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the message and your patience. Our backpads are on order as this has been communicated with DRIS, however we cannot release a shipping date at this time due to production delay. Once en ETA is received you will be the first to hear about it.

btw, what is an SS wing?

Regards,

Nick
Thanks for the info.
Fat finger typing and being distracted when posting. I was reading something about a SS backplate when I was typing about the wing. Lack of attention before I posted. It has been a long week.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bryan

Nothing yet, Not a peep on the status:depressed:...... Trying to be patient...:popcorn:

Ordered on the 5th +7 for back order = 12th plus 5 more just to not be pushy..= today 17 June.... Hope to hear something soon since my trip is coming soon. Would hate to not be able to train due to an equipment shortage.......

Thanks for checking I hope to hear from DRIS soon.....

Nick the other day Mike Pedersen contacted me and was able to get everything on track. I truly appreciate his help and DRIS's diligence for my order.

Yesterday I received my BP/w and it is just what I wanted.:cool2:

As always the Hollis gear is top quality and DRIS has been a good Dealer for the Hollis line.

Thanks to All.

Well I have to say Thanks to Hollis Gear. I took my New BP/W out today to check out my trim, Fit and weight requirements. Well after setting it up I added 4lbs to the weight pockets and went for a dive. It was perfect like I had been diving this setup for years........ Great Gear.....

Thanks to all at Hollis and Thanks to Mike also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom