OMS Single Tank Adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My OMS STA has two bolts spot-welded onto the adaptor. These are the two bolts which go through the bladder and the backplate and have all three secured together. The welding was spot-welding on three points on each bolt. This morning when I took the BP/W out and have them disassembled, I found the two bolts detached from the STA. Does anyone know will there be a potential problem in the future if I put them back like this? I am thinking why they welded the bolts in the first place because this involved extra cost in production. And I am thinking they must have a reason to justify the extra procedure. ANy thoughts?

Any question is: Can the OMS 32lb single tank wing be used without the STA? Looking at the wing, you can find stabilising short rods next to the bolt holes and the cam band slots. Looks like you can just bolt the wing and BP together without the STA and attach the single tank direct. Anyone knows about this or has try this before?

I've dived many BC's and backplates with and without a STA. I try a STA for awhile and always go back to without, mainly because I like the tank closer to my back. It does take an extra second to line a BC up on a tank, but if you have good Cambands it will hold securely. Most wings will work, but you do need camband slots in the wings to attach to a BC or plate. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom