Dive Rite Nomad Side mount Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stpstomp

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just started using dive rite nomad SM I have 30 dives in it this year using 72’s and moving up to 85lp need help with rigging. Very limited with experience here in NW ohio. Looking to learn more about rigging, dive techniques, and the best diving aeras for side mount divers.

diving areas- limitless. You can wheel tanks on dollies to get where you want, and you can go everywhere else backmounters can.
As far as rigging you have a bunch of options
All start out basically as stage rigging
You NEED some type of device to hold on some sort of clip. Options are as follows
Hose clamp, or cam band. I use cam bands because I switch tanks fairly regularly and for newer divers it makes adjustments in the water a lot easier.
Hose clamps are claimed to be a bit more secure *I've never encountered this*. They are lower profile. Have metal to metal contact most of the time, but if ther're stationary on the tanks this should be a non issue. To each his own.
Golem Gear, Inc. - Armadillo Sidemount Exploration Harness A2
If you download the manual there, there is some stuff to look at.

The other option is if you have ring bungees or want to keep the tanks secured if you have to walk around or want a hard attachment point in addition to the bungees you can run some sort of stage configuration.
DIR-diver.com - Stagebottle rigging
That's a good link. I have that done with the change of a cam band instead of the hose clamp.

Greetings Stpstomp where in NW OH are you located and do you go to Gilboa?
If you would like I can assist you or give you a name of an instructor in our area that does train SM.
If you are working with a Nomad I dive one as well and can pass on what I have learned.
I suggest you answer me on the thread till they get my PM readable again or I can provide you with my email via PM.
No worries all will be fine and SM is very awesome and makes diving awesome FL caves make it incredible!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom