First Maldives trip , what to bring....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All
Heading to Maldives the last 2 weeks of July- Will be staying the last week between the two Four Seasons Resorts, and the first week probably at the Full Moon Sheraton Resort- unless someone has another recommendation.
Questions- How much gear to to bring- fins /masks/snorkles/BC? or is there a good selection at the dive shops? wetsuits? leave or bring?...
Any other advice on what to look out for while we are there would be great...

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott,

You dont need to bring down gear to any of those resorts in Maldives. The dive schools are well equiped and they have plenty of stuff for rental.
But please do note that some resorts like Sheraton, the dive school rents equipment for diving ONLY. But the water-Sports do have rental gear.
I would prefer to atleast have my own mask and snorkel when I go on trips. Those 2 are too personal to be sharing in my opinion.
About wetsuits, I am not sure if the water-sports have it for rental...most resorts dont rent wetsuits for snorkling. I think it also because you dont really need 1 for snorkling(In Maldives). But in case of diving its better to have.

For diving you dont have to worry as long you are on those 2 resorts...

I would recommend the following dive sites close to Sheraton :
1. Lankan Beru : Its a manta point during your stay...check if Mantas are there...Its worth the trip..only 15 min away...
2. Nassimo Thila : Beautiful pinnacle dive with loads of fish and soft coral ..But for advanced divers ..Sometime because of the current.... 15 min boat ride.
3.Banana Reef : 5 min from the island. Nice reefs and formation with corel blocks are deeper area Max depth 30M.
4.HP Reef : Nice beautiful reef 20 to 25 min away...
5.Okobe thila : Beautilful pinnacle dive

There are many others which are pretty and good. Let me know any specifics and I will be glad to help you out.

Have a good one in Maldives

@sea

@sea

Thanks for the info. Was planning to bring my snorkel setup at least, was just a bit uncertain if I was going to load all me other gear.

Also thanks for the heads up on the dive spots..

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom