Took a tour of the Upper Keys reefs today(pix)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Started out at Hens and Chickens(no balls available but the viz looked great!)
Next stop Davis reef(no balls available)
We than went to Conch shallows and no ball available. Starting to see a pattern here(lol)
Snappers and Pickles also had nothing available. It was VERY crowded out there.
Next stop Molasses but a tad too much current for us.

Headed back to Davis and we found a mooring(yeah)

Viz was over 70 feet of bluish water and no current. No seas and sunny.

I saw what looked like a coral banded snake(land). We checked the books and it looks like a Harlequin Pipefish(crappy pix included).

Monster lobster on the reef looking for some afternoon delight(lol)
The reef was very nice with an amazing amount of fish. Schools of grunts,snappers and porkfish. We saw a huge green moray being cleaned but only the tail end(lol)
No Lionfish.

Thanks for sharing pics... wish mine would come out that good....
Heading down Saturday!!!!!!!!! YEAH

Enjoy your vacation

i should have gone to carysfort!! like yourself we had difficulty finding a vacant mooring ball on the reef, heading north to french(mdt current and viz just dreadfull) then back south, finally settling on molasses with a ripping current and few buoys available. nice viz though. report and a few pics later this evening,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Nice pics, Deep... heading down there myself on the 27th --

thnx.

Nice pics, Deep... heading down there myself on the 27th --

we will just miss each other... will wave to you on the way back up.. lol

i should have gone to carysfort!! like yourself we had difficulty finding a vacant mooring ball on the reef, heading north to french(mdt current and viz just dreadfull) then back south, finally settling on molasses with a ripping current and few buoys available. nice viz though. report and a few pics later this evening,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I think I saw you moored at the south end. I called on the the radio and one of the dive ops told me a light current . LOL

I think I saw you moored at the south end. I called on the the radio and one of the dive ops told me a light current . LOL

the captain(or shop) said light currents! doable, but mdt to occasionaly strong were our opinions after the dives.. i observed more divers and snorkelers hanging on granny lines than underwater! they(dive crews) need to spend more time underwater!!!

reefman
key largo

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom