Looking for a used OMS Profile or Butt Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddolson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
:blinking:I'm considering transitioning to side mount.
I've had a knee replacement & hauling my twin 98's is a concern.

I'm just experimenting right now, so I don't want to makea big investment.
I looking for a used OMS profile or DR (nomad) butt plate to modifiy my current backplate & wing to try sidemounting.
(I tried LP but they're out of stock & have been for some time).
The profile looks to be very good value & an ggod choice for soemone likemyself it isn't ready yet to commit to a dedicated Sm rig.

PM me if you an oms profile or Butt Plate you like to part with.

thanks

Mike Dolson
(ps I live in Canada)

Thanks for referal.

Mike D

:blinking:I'm considering transitioning to sidemount. I've had a knee replacement & hauling my twin 98's is a concern. . . . I'm just experimenting right now, so I don't want to makea big investment.
Which is how many people start the transition - that first small hit, and the floodgates open.
The profile looks to be very good value & an ggod choice for soemone likemyself it isn't ready yet to commit to a dedicated Sm rig.
For straightforward OW sidemount diving, it is very functional, and very easy to adapt to your BP/wing in a matter of minutes. A note - one of the challenges you will have is with the wing tending to taco at the bases of the lobes (depending on what wing you use). If you look at SM-oriented wings like the Nomad, there are attachment points sewn into the casing at the base of the lobes to keep the base corners of the case attached to the waist strap. That isn't true for most lobed, non-bungeed wings.
(I tried LP but they're out of stock & have been for some time).
Probablky because they put them on sale last year at ~$70 and sold out.
PM me if you an oms profile or Butt Plate you like to part with.
olphart:
I have a Profile I could let go for $50 +shipping from Detroit
Hope you took advantage of that offer - very reasonable.

PM sent regarding the Profile in Detroit.

Mike D

Which is how many people start the transition - that first small hit, and the floodgates open.For straightforward OW sidemount diving, it is very functional, and very easy to adapt to your BP/wing in a matter of minutes. A note - one of the challenges you will have is with the wing tending to taco at the bases of the lobes (depending on what wing you use). If you look at SM-oriented wings like the Nomad, there are attachment points sewn into the casing at the base of the lobes to keep the base corners of the case attached to the waist strap. That isn't true for most lobed, non-bungeed wings.Probablky because they put them on sale last year at ~$70 and sold out. Hope you took advantage of that offer - very reasonable.

Thanks for the input. Colliam7. I have a D-R rec wing (that is tethered) I'll be using. I can tighten the gathering some.
I was fortunate to be able to spend several hours with an experienced sidemount & rebreather diver, who owns a Nomad.
I understand what mean about the lower wing lobes taccoing.
I have access to an industrial sewing machine, & I'll likely add a couple of belt loops at the lower outer edges of the wings (outer jacket).
I'll need to play with it for while to find the optimum location.
I have a couple of single catalina 80 aluminum cylinders that I'll be using for my trials.
I'll be adding 3lbs wts to the cam bands to compensate for the +ve buoyancy of the cylinders when they're low.
I have experience using the catalina's as stage bottles.

regards

Mike D

The owner I contact has decided not sell his used OMS profile & I understand.

So I'm still looking for one.

P.M. me if you have one for sale.

Mike Dolson

I have a D-R rec wing (that is tethered) I'll be using. I can tighten the gathering some. . . .I understand what mean about the lower wing lobes taccoing. . . . I have access to an industrial sewing machine, & I'll likely add a couple of belt loops at the lower outer edges of the wings (outer jacket).
I also have used a Rec Wing, with a Profile (nice combination for OW, BTW). Two thoughts:
1. If you can sew a connection point into the wing casing, great.
2. Alternatively, the bungeed Rec Wing happens to have a long tubular segment of the 'bungee containment' system located just above the base of the wing on each side. I have also looped a piece of relatively thin line through that particular loop, and then connected it to a D ring on my harness. It holds the bases of the lobes in close to my waist strap and reduces the taco trend.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the 2nd option.
Thats a great idea while I'm playing around with the rig.

Mike D

I also have used a Rec Wing, with a Profile (nice combination for OW, BTW). Two thoughts:
1. If you can sew a connection point into the wing casing, great.
2. Alternatively, the bungeed Rec Wing happens to have a long tubular segment of the 'bungee containment' system located just above the base of the wing on each side. I have also looped a piece of relatively thin line through that particular loop, and then connected it to a D ring on my harness. It holds the bases of the lobes in close to my waist strap and reduces the taco trend.
Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom