Spring coming off shutter screw on 6242.95 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indigo Scuba Africa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On my last dive, I noticed the shutter release was not working very well and I had to depress it really hard for it to take a picture.

Upon closer inspection afterwards, I noticed that although the other knobs were lined up with the other buttons on the camera, the shutter lever inside the camera was not touching the shutter button on the camera very well at all (more towards the front of the camera).

I then noticed that the spring for the shutter lever inside the camera appeared to be coming off the lever "screw". I think this might be my fault as I soaked the housing in fresh water and depressed the levers and knobs without the camera inside the housing after my previous dive. I may have inadvertantly pressed the shutter lever too hard / down too much and this might have caused the spring to be compressed too much, forcing it too far down the lever screw.

Does anyone have a fix on this or any advice? I am off to Mozambique next week!

:(

This could happen if the shaft is rotated too far without the camera installed. Push the large loops of the spring back onto the threaded end of the control gland. Then you should be able to just reposition the end of the spring back onto the shutter control shaft. Hopefully this picture will help.

s95spring.jpg

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom