Key Largo/Looe Key charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebabe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be going to Key Largo/Looe Key early in August. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for a cheaper dive charter...anyone have any experience with Strike Zone Charters in Looe or Rainbow Reef Dive Charters in Largo? They have good prices, but I want to make sure they aren't cheaper for a reason. Thanks!

I do not remember the names I dove in 2002 but be careful as I was one of three scuba divers on a boat loaded with 40 snorkeling kids. I'd rather be slathered in blood and thrown into to a pool of sharks than do that again.

Not familiar with Strike Zone, however, I've been out with Rainbow Reef in Largo. They're a very good op, reasonable, and put a DM in the water with you to lead the dive if you want to stay with that group. My only comment would be that they do run larger boats, (I've been on the Tropical Voyager) which means it's not uncommon to have 15 to 20 divers out with you.

My daughter and I dove out of Looe Key Scuba yesterday - about 13 divers and 13 snorkelers.

$80/diver for a three tank dive - lotsa fish, lobsters and sharks. It's a marine sanctuary so there's lots to see.

Any chance you can bump up your trip to sometime next week (7/23 - 7/30)? I have room on a boat next week and a lead on some lodging that could make this very affordable.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom