Eating fish under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have eaten plenty of scallops underwater. The salt water adds kind of a soy-sauce-like effect. Now if I could just figure out how to get some wasabi on it... :wink:

Normally underwater, the FISH does all the eating ! :)

I've cut up cero mackerel for chum while IN the water free diving. Without a hard cutting board, it's hard to get nicely cut pieces but it'll work with a real sharp knife.

I have eaten plenty of scallops underwater. The salt water adds kind of a soy-sauce-like effect. Now if I could just figure out how to get some wasabi on it... :wink:
@Leejnd: Real wasabi is sold in squeeze-tube containers. You could easily take the tube with you on a dive. Catalina Offshore Products carries it, and I'm sure that you could find it at any Asian supermaket :D

@Leejnd: Real wasabi is sold in squeeze-tube containers. You could easily take the tube with you on a dive. Catalina Offshore Products carries it, and I'm sure that you could find it at any Asian supermaket :D

Hmmm...what would the impact of the pressure differential have on the tube of wasabi? Methinks an experiment is in order, similar to this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/385159-cupcakes-70ft.html

Jeez, now I'm salivating. I can't get in salt water any time soon to try this, so I guess I'll just have to wear my scuba gear to the local Sushi Bar. :D

I have seen someone eat uni at 40 feet.

:vomit:

I'll stick with scallops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom