Scuba Pro - Black Tech and X-Tek Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelallen1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any one else having trouble getting new equipment in from scuba pro ? I am wondering if this has anything to do with the economy

I have placed an order almost 2 months ago and Scuba pro still has no ETA.

Here is what ordered:

X-Tek Form System
X-Tek HS TWIN WING 90lb lift capacity
X-Tek Single Tank Adapter - for when I want to run just a single tank instead of my doubles

2 Reg's

MK25/A700 Black Tech 300 Bar Din
MK25/A700 Black Tech 300 Bar Din

anyone else with similar situation chime in !

Well, not with the X-Tek line of products, but it took a good while for a couple of cam bands to come in I ordered a few weeks ago...but, I didn't check into why it took that long. I'm thinking my shop delayed my order until they had a larger order accumulated. With the high ticket items you ordered, I can't imagine that being the case for you, but you never know. Have you asked your shop?

Here's a letter I wrote to the president of scuba pro asking why:

Dear Joseph Stella,

I am writing you today in regards to a large order I placed with your company though Rex Dive Center here in Norwalk CT. I was convinced that Scuba Pro has the best equipment in the Diving industry. I have gone to trade shows, demo days and spent countless hours doing research for my Technical dive gear. I have been diving for the last 15 years and decided to move beyond recreational diving into more technical diving and I needed the best system. I have been using scuba pro for the last 5 years with no issues until now.

I was truly excited about my order when I placed it .The order was placed the first week of May. I was told in the beginning that the Black Tech regulators could take up to 3 to 4 weeks to come in, I was ok with that since my dive season wasn't going to start for few weeks.

On June 1st I gave the dive shop a call to see if my order had come in. I was told that the BCD should be here at the end of the week and no ETA on the Regulator's, maybe another few weeks. I waited another week and a half called again and was told nothing came in yet. I was totally disappointed. Today is June 14 and I still have nothing, at this point I am asking for help. I am at the point of going with a different company like OMS or Dive Rite which have products ready and in stock. I am truly a Big fan and supporter of Scuba Pro but at this point I am just losing faith in your company and my dive season will be over by the time I get any of your new products.

Any thing you can do will be greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,

Michael Allen

Just to note:

Rex Dive center is Top Notch facility with excellent Staff with amazing knowledge
Also a 5 star Instructor development Center.

So this has nothing to do with the Dealer its a Manufacture issue

I wan't trying to blame your shop. My shop is top notch too...I just figured my order was delayed because it was small, and I figured for fiscal reasons, my shop probably waited until they had a larger order. No harm in putting that question to your shop.

michael,

I think some of the problem is that Scuba Pro's new tech line is just starting to make it into the supply pipeline. The gear has been available in Europe for a bit, but think its relatively new as far as retail goes here in the states.

I wish i knew that. You would think a big copmany like this would be ready to go with product.

I wish i knew that. You would think a big copmany like this would be ready to go with product.

Depends on supply and demand. Though not the same, ATI released something like 200,000+ cards at release for the 5800 series card, gone within days, and huge suppliers like newegg sold out some units in hours. Given that Scuba Pro is a known company etc, your looking at very high initial world wide demand.

A few items. First 5 star IDC means nothing other than they only teach the courses of a certain agency and lots of them. Has nothing to do with actual quality of the operation.

Next I don't know what convinced you that ScubPro is the best. Fact is it is no better or worse than any other gear manufacturer. It is more expensive than many but again has nothing to to with actual quality. You used to be able to get a Chevy with the exact same features as a Caddillac. But at thousands less. Same with scuba gear. There really is no junk gear out there today. As sue happy as people are a mfg can't afford to put crap out there.

Also 90lbs of lift? Holy Crap. Plan on salvaging the Doria with all that lift. I use a 50 with double 95's and my drysuit is redundant buoyancy. As for the regs how much were they. I'll put my HOG's, Oceanic's, and even my Sherwood up against them for breathing effort.

I just looked at the system you bought. Seems kinda gussied up with non essential stuff. All those d rings, plastic quick releases, those big knobs you'll have to cut off the pull dumps, sternum strap that will need to come off, and all that padding that will add to the amount of weight you'll need to add that a HOG harness and steel plate would have gotten rid of. My most expensvie BPW set up was way under 400 bucks. Hope you didn't put much more than that into that system.

90lbs of lift----- WOW!

Back
Top Bottom