Florida Diving (Shore and Boat)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Folks,

Am coming to FL for a few days and I'd like to get some diving in.

Is there any place that has good shore diving in or around the Boyton Beach Area or that BHB?

Also, I will be renting a boat in Port St Lucy- are there any spots I must hit?

Thanks for your help guys!

JG

This is not too far away (30 minutes or so): http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/290550-lauderdale-sea-beach-dive.html

Some additional sites in Florida: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Florida, USA East

Boat dives go right out of Boynton Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks (scuba kevin is a sb member too)

As I understand matters in St Lucie County, the good diving is shore diving. Boat diving does not get good until you get south of Stuart, really not until you get to Jupiter though note that I have never dove in St Lucie or Martin Counties: only Jupiter and south.

I don't know about diving north of Jupiter, but in WPB and Jupiter, it is all drift diving, so you'll need at least four divers on the boat or a boat captain that does not dive and two divers (if Martin and St. Lucie Counties are similar to Jupiter and WPB)

Last edited:
I would not try to shore dive in boynton beach area your better getting a spot on a boat the other option is to go up to breakers palm beach. Also there are alot of dive boats in Boynton and the Boynton marina.

Loggerhead Dive Charters of Boynton Beach, FL

Splashdown Divers - Palm Beach County, Florida - Scuba Diving Boats and Charters - PADI Scuba Diving Certification - Serving West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Highland Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Florida.

Scuba Charters and Scuba Dive Boat Tours of I Dive Starfish of Lantana, FL

and UE as previously mentioned

if your in town

The LionFish Hunt

truth is most stuff to see right off shore is so near and shallow you just just snorkal it and leave the dive gear at the hotel room.

Last edited:
...As I understand matters in St Lucie County, the good diving is shore diving. Boat diving does not get good until you get south of Stuart, really not until you get to Jupiter though note that I have never dove in St Lucie or Martin Counties: only Jupiter and south.B)

I disagree- boat diving is GREAT in the Martin/St. Lucie area, you just have to know where to go. No charter boats north of jupiter so unless you live here, you wont know what the area has to offer.

We have TONS of great diving both north and south of St. Lucie (Stuart) Inlet. OP, since you've got a boat, you gotta check out the area known as pecks lake just south of the Inlet. Its actually a State Park because the of the dramatic limestone reef structure. Depths 8-25' so plenty of bottom time. Last time I dove a spot that goes from 8' down to 20' in a sort of wall/canyon dive with lobster, snook and kingfish everywhere. It was really cool! All the reports from off of stuart have been steller from the past 2 weeks! warm and clear. Come by the shop and Ill give you the numbers for this spot.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom