Comfortable backpack with no bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually wear a wetsuit with mine. I know some companies make padding that you can slide webbing through.

Are you walking from your residence to the dive site with the tank on. Those packs were the norm years ago, I never found them that uncomfortable for the few minutes between putting it no and getting in the water. 40 pounds on your back is uncomfortable no matter what it is.

I can't believe they're $50. I've got a USD with wingnuts, a Dacor with a metal cam lever and a SeaTec that would use a regular camband if I hadn't scavenged it for something else. Doubt I dropped more than a 6pack on any of them.

My friend has got one that he just replaced the webbing on. Bought thinner webbing because the old was wearing out, It made a huge difference though. But here are some of the shoulder pads Aquaregia was talking about, these ones are oxycheq but you can get them through a lot of people. All they do is attempt to keep the webbing from digging in.

OxyCheq Shoulder Harness Pads discounts on sale OxyCheq

You can even find them in digi camo if you feel like getting ridiculous.

My friend has got one that he just replaced the webbing on. Bought thinner webbing because the old was wearing out, It made a huge difference though. But here are some of the shoulder pads Aquaregia was talking about, these ones are oxycheq but you can get them through a lot of people. All they do is attempt to keep the webbing from digging in.

OxyCheq Shoulder Harness Pads discounts on sale OxyCheq

You can even find them in digi camo if you feel like getting ridiculous.

I can't believe they're $50. I've got a USD with wingnuts, a Dacor with a metal cam lever and a SeaTec that would use a regular camband if I hadn't scavenged it for something else. Doubt I dropped more than a 6pack on any of them.

I've got about half a dozen of them myself, and they were usually thrown in with some other deal as an afterthought. I know Aquaregia already knows this, but for anyone else that's looking for one, look no further than an old crappy '80's BCD. Strip off the vest and there it is. Run some nylon webbing through it Hog style and you're ready to dive. Those old BC's are like used gum. They have no resale value at all.

I've got one that I filled with lead shot. It weighs about 10 lbs.

One of my mates uses webbing with a bullet print so it looks like a bandolier.

Duct Tape. Usually its the edge of the strap that bites into you so a few wraps of tape in strategic spots will round off the edge. The water temp here keeps me in a wetsuit so the padding is unnecessary.

Bob
---------------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom