Suggestions for buying my first setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChalmersP

New
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, Ive done a little looking on buying my first setup, and I expect to pay around 1000... Thats alot to me, but its my life that im buying! At my LDS there is a complete package minus the tank, that includes a oceanic veo computer - compass - spg... Oceanic delta 4 with the swivel at the end DVT, Oceanic something 8 octo, and an option of three BC's... all last years model, Oceanic Excursion, Oceanic Probe and the Oceanic Hera... I tried on all of them and oddly enough, I liked the hera the most! but im a guy... Are there other guys out there that use the hera? Also, is there anything I should change with this package? Or should I just wait!
Thanks a bunch guys!!!

IMO you're smart to slow down a bit and do more shopping. My best advice is to try as many types and styles of gear as possible, particularly when we're talking about fins, BCs, and wetsuits. Fit is everything in gear, and if you think $1000 is a lot of money now, think of how much it'll cost if you realize you bought the wrong gear and need to start replacing pieces. Take your time, do your homework, try as much as you can get your hands on, THEN make your best decision.

Remember, the right gear is the gear that fits you and that you like. Not what anyone else likes, recommends or approves of.

Sound like you are off to a good start..!..Congrats...Good luck..
52.gif

Take your time and figure out what your going to do under the waves. Don't rush. Get the gear that is most comfortable for you, and will fit into your goals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom